getting tired of this about to give up.

Options
can't stick to this losing weight thing I lose and gain the 8 same pounds. I say every day I'm going to start today this is the day but I keep eating like a pig and then think whats the point in working out i already ate like a pig. I been trying to start back the last 3 months and can't so I guess I'm singing off for good!!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need some support and resources in your real life. talk to a therapist, convince yourself you are worthy of health. if this isn't the life you want to live, you need to figure out why this is the life you're leading.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If you quit now, you've wasted the past 3 months! You are learning about yourself. Log in and be my friend. We can do this together. You're not alone! We can exercise together - via MFP. We can log each day and chat each day. You can do this. You can!
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Sure, you ate bad, but heading out the door for a walk with help both body and mind! Getting out the door is half the battle.
  • wildside79
    wildside79 Posts: 46
    Options
    think you need to re-read your own sig again...

And you don't start today... you start now. So what if you just ate that candy bar, its behind you, start right back up and take a walk. Fall down seven times, get up eight.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Read your signature!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    IMO eating like a pig is exactly why you should work out. I mean, sure, it would be better if you ate a normal amount and worked out. But pigging out and working out is a million times better than pigging out and not working out.

It's like saying "Oops, I accidentally cut off my finger. Oh well, I might as well cut off my arm then.'
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I gave up about a hundred times in my life. This time it stuck because I was ready mentally. You have to get your mind right before your lifestyle change will work. I would suggest starting off slow. Go for a walk everyday, give up soda, etc. One thing at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself. If you think of it as a diet, your doomed from the start. When you think of it as a lifestyle change, it's easier to start slow. You can do it.
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can scream, yell,
    swear, shout, cry, whimper, grunt, bleed,
    puke and pass out. JUST DON'T QUIT!

hmmm.... does that sound familiar? honey i know how you feel. I have done the same thing. i had to change my way of thinking from i have to lose 15 lbs! to smaller "bites" meaning 2lbs here and keep it off. you can do it!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you quit now it will be more of a battle when you start again. You already have a head start! Don't give up!
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time to take another read of that signature you have. But, truly- I wasn't ever successful in my journey until I was mentally ready. Figure out how to stop blocking yourself mentally and the rest will come.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Maybe you're trying to do too much too fast? I would recommend concentrating on one element at a time until it's habit and then adding another one. So, for example, more water, then less salt, then less sugar, 2 hours of exercise a week, more veggies, etc., etc. and let them build on eachother rather than trying to jump in all at once. You may find that the first item makes you feel good so you're ready to add to the new healthy ways rather than feeling deprived....

Don't give up on yourself - you really can do this!!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Hang in there, Its hard but YOU are worth it, you just have to figure out how to eat better. You need to find a workout/health buddy to hold you accountable. Do you have any friends there that can embark on this journey with you? I've struggled with this forever until I teamed up with my friend and we've been going strong since feb/march. Stay strong & keep figting!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    One healthier choice does lead to a second healthier choice, to a third, fourth, and then it snowballs.

Try to make that first healthier choice, and then celebrate it. Recognize that YOU made a better choice. Then keep doing it.

If you like to eat like a pig, work it into your plan- choose a healthier option of what you pig out on, build it into your day, exercise your way out of it, find a way to deal with it.

Who cares if you keep losing and gaining the same 8? At least you haven't kept gaining 16, 24, 32, etc.
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    by posting you are reaching out to all of us to help! so don't quit! many of us have felt like that from time to time or even on and off through the day! but don't quit.......... :-)
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    You must have been doing something right to lose the 8 lbs in the first place...stick with that momentum and keep making healthy choices & exercise to keep your mind off food 24.7! You can do this! No one said it was easy. If that were the case, no one in america would be overweight!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on yourself!! You can do this. I was feeling discouraged several weeks ago when I seem to be losing and gaining the same 4-5 pounds. I reevaluated my calories and sodium. What seems to be working for me now is increasing my calorie a bit from 1200 to 1350 net. It was hard for me to up my calories, but it seem so be working. I am also learning not to put so much on the scale and instead use my measuring tape to start keeping track of inches instead. You will likely lose inches when the scale may not be showing it. If you give up now, you'll only be giving up on yourself. You're worth the fight, so keep at it and you'll get to your goal.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Hang in there, Its hard but YOU are worth it, you just have to figure out how to eat better. You need to find a workout/health buddy to hold you accountable. Do you have any friends there that can embark on this journey with you? I've struggled with this forever until I teamed up with my friend and we've been going strong since feb/march. Stay strong & keep figting!

So well said..
    You can COMPLETELY do this - it IS hard - but look at how many people are rooting for you... Don't Give up - Don't quit... You'll be SO proud of yourself in the end because you stuck with it...
  • texasmagz
    texasmagz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising, focus on your measurements for awhile rather than the scale.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    You can do it you have a bad day just put it behind you & say that tomorrow will be better. My Motto for today is "success comes in cans not can'ts" Just have to believe in yourself & do it. You can add me as a friend if you like. Read your little passage signature,
    JUST DONT QUIT! Its not about how many times you fall its how many times you pick yourself back up dust yourself off & try again. just keep trying. everyone has times when they struggle, & seems like they are going no where.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Yeah, I gave up about a hundred times in my life. This time it stuck because I was ready mentally. You have to get your mind right before your lifestyle change will work. I would suggest starting off slow. Go for a walk everyday, give up soda, etc. One thing at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself. If you think of it as a diet, your doomed from the start. When you think of it as a lifestyle change, it's easier to start slow. You can do it.

^This! This is how I was able to snap out of gaining and losing the same 10 pounds over and over again.