SOOO FRUSTRATED! About to just say heck w/ it.

Options
so, let me tell you, i've just about had it! I've been working my tail off and have gotten ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE! here's the deal:

I started here way back in April/May sometime, did really good the first few months, lost 10 lbs, then about the middle of July I just stopped. I have not been able to go any lower than 150. My goal is 135. And I admit, i didn't give it my all pretty much the rest of July and most of Aug. But i did get back into it right around the beginning of Sept. I started just doing the regular stuff i was doing before, started watching my calories, but kinda slipped on the weekends. Then i decided to BUCK UP and really got into it at the beginning of Oct. I even upped my calories to 1300-1400 to see if that would help.

I stopped drinking during the week. Which is huge, b/c i used to have like one or two beers every night. I started working out at least 3 times a week, some weeks it's been 4-5 days, but have upped my game to include running and lifting. And i hate to run. I even keep busy on the other days, cleaning or walking the dog, or just constantly moving. I'm doing good on my calories, there have been a few exeptions, like i drank a little too much last weekend. but still tried to keep it w/in the goal (only went over a few hundred cals.) But i added a little extra exercise the next few days to kinda "make up" for it. I did skrew up mon. night. had some stress and decided to have a few margaritas. But i got back into it and have been doing good the rest of the week.

I have also been trying to weigh myself every friday, but i slipped this morning and weighed myself and am at 151 (gained 1 lb since last week). I AM SO FRUSTRATED! i just feel like i am exercising and eating better than i have EVER DONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, and am not getting anywhere!!!!!!!

I really wanted to be down to 146 by thanksgiving, but i'm now thinking i'll be lucky to get back down to 150. And to top it all off, i noticed that i haven't taken my measurements since Aug. so i thought i would do that, hoping that maybe i've lost some inches....but NOOOO, I am exactly the same on every measurement! I just want to cry, i've worked so hard and it just seems like it's all for nothing. i mean i know i could probably do better, like cut out all alcohol. but damn i love beers!

Can anyone help? I'm seriously about ready to lose it.
Thanks, Laura

Replies

• laurabelle25
    Options
    so, let me tell you, i've just about had it! I've been working my tail off and have gotten ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE! here's the deal:

I started here way back in April/May sometime, did really good the first few months, lost 10 lbs, then about the middle of July I just stopped. I have not been able to go any lower than 150. My goal is 135. And I admit, i didn't give it my all pretty much the rest of July and most of Aug. But i did get back into it right around the beginning of Sept. I started just doing the regular stuff i was doing before, started watching my calories, but kinda slipped on the weekends. Then i decided to BUCK UP and really got into it at the beginning of Oct. I even upped my calories to 1300-1400 to see if that would help.

I stopped drinking during the week. Which is huge, b/c i used to have like one or two beers every night. I started working out at least 3 times a week, some weeks it's been 4-5 days, but have upped my game to include running and lifting. And i hate to run. I even keep busy on the other days, cleaning or walking the dog, or just constantly moving. I'm doing good on my calories, there have been a few exeptions, like i drank a little too much last weekend. but still tried to keep it w/in the goal (only went over a few hundred cals.) But i added a little extra exercise the next few days to kinda "make up" for it. I did skrew up mon. night. had some stress and decided to have a few margaritas. But i got back into it and have been doing good the rest of the week.

I have also been trying to weigh myself every friday, but i slipped this morning and weighed myself and am at 151 (gained 1 lb since last week). I AM SO FRUSTRATED! i just feel like i am exercising and eating better than i have EVER DONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, and am not getting anywhere!!!!!!!

I really wanted to be down to 146 by thanksgiving, but i'm now thinking i'll be lucky to get back down to 150. And to top it all off, i noticed that i haven't taken my measurements since Aug. so i thought i would do that, hoping that maybe i've lost some inches....but NOOOO, I am exactly the same on every measurement! I just want to cry, i've worked so hard and it just seems like it's all for nothing. i mean i know i could probably do better, like cut out all alcohol. but damn i love beers!

Can anyone help? I'm seriously about ready to lose it.
    Thanks, Laura
  • WShope
    WShope Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I've been working out really hard for about 2 months now. I finally lost 3 lbs and I was really excited. Then I went away for the weekend last week and gained 2 lbs back. It's like man, you can't even take a break. I admit I love my beers and martini's too, so when I went on "vacation" I had me a few here and there. Not an ambudance either. Just maybe 1-3 a day. But I'm back into this week. If I don't lose at least a lb I'm going to be really upset. I haven't treated my self to any fast food this week at all! And if you knew me you'd know that was saying a lot. I love chick-fil-a! Anything they have I'll eat it. :laugh:

Also I'm like you I could cut out the alcohol but where's the fun in that! So, all I can offer you is to keep your chin up and don't give up. I'm not ready to give up yet and I want to be back done to 130 before I go to Vegas in 28 days. I don't think I'm gonna make it. Unless I give up food and that's not an option for me. :drinker:

101735.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Do you drink plenty of water? I've found, the days I don't drink as much, the scales refuse to shift :grumble:
    I use to love my diet soda's, wine, martini, bacardi - I was like a fish :laugh: but since I started back on my healthy living in September, I cut them all out completely, I only have 2 cups of tea day, the rest of the day I drink water and maybe 1-2 cups of herbal tea.
    Just a thought ...
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Laurabelle, I had the same problem. I lost a 18 pounds last winter. I had some issues come up with my son and I started emotionally eating. I gained back all but 8 pounds. I then got serious again in June-July, but my eating habits still needing tweaking. By the late October I had gained, not lost. I was 5 pounds away from my starting weight. This was four months after trying!!! I couldn't figure it out and I wanted to quit. Finally 10 days ago I decided to completely change the way I eat. I have dropped 4.5 pounds in a week! Some times the body just doesn't want to let go. I may not lose any more for a couple of weeks but it showed me that it is probably in the way I am eating. Don't give up. Try to tweak a few things here and there and be patient. It takes a week or two for the body to catch up.
    MM:flowerforyou:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Thanks to you all! I really appreciate the support and advice.

cyberswitch: I do get plenty of water, i drink a ton all day and night. I do have one diet soda a day, but have thought about even giving that up (well at least for during the week, maybe i'll have a couple on the weekend.)

mechanicmom: you know i was thinking that i might change up my diet. i do eat eggs, toast and bacon every morning, (the bacon is my little treat for the day) but i thought that if i started w/ some oatmeal and fruit that might help. And the rest of the meals aren't like breakfast, usually it's left overs, but i thought about going back to a low/no-carbs for supper, sticking to protein and veggies. so we'll see if that works.

WShope: thanks for the support! it always helps to have someone that's going thru the same things. I won't quit! we'll get thru this little plateau together!!!

Thanks again ya'll,
    Laura
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    If you give up then nothing will happen for sure. Are you changing things up? Or doing the same exercises?
    Try 5 days a week.
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    Hi!
    I am in the same boat as you. I am staying right around 150 - 155 and can't seem to get anywhere, but this week I am changing up my exercise. I have been working out 6 or 7 days a week for an hour most days (45 minutes on others), but is always the same workout. I believe my body has just become accustomed to the workout. I started doing 30 day shred two days ago and I am very sore, so I know that it is doing something, but only time will tell if this is going to fix it. I have quit drinking completely, because when I quit during the week, I just ended up making it up on the weekend and staying hungover and/or drunk all weekend. It's tough but I also read a lot about the liver and quitting drinking completely and detoxing the liver is supposed to be good to help with weight loss. Best of luck to you. I really can relate to what you're going through!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Maybe cute out all drinking except for special occations for awhile. They don't have the term "beer belly" because drinking beer thins you down.