Painful feet after workout... ouchies!

Options
I only really started working out about a month or so ago (mostly going to the gym, zumba classes and dance). I started to notice a really nasty pain in my right heel, smack bang in the middle. It feels like I've literally got a metal spike inside my foot, it hurts so much! It comes and goes, but it mostly comes on after a workout.
Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions would be so appreciated :)

Replies

• Helendec1962
    Options
    I feel you, sorry for your pain. I know my left foot hurts and burns on every workout that I do, :sad: I use lots of gauze around that specific toe which seems to help a little, good luck.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it COULD be heel spurs. I used to have horrible pain in my heels. I will say - buying the right shoes helped tremendously. Ice and Ibuprofen helped a lot.
  • shellyb1229
    shellyb1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. I went to a store for runners and told them about my feet problems. I was fitted properly for shoes and discovered I was buying shoes that were too small. They didn't feel too small. However, once I started working out with my new shoes I noticed a difference immediately. It was well worth the time and money!!!!!!! Good luck to you.
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know the pain. Mine is from Plantar Fasciitis and a small heel spur. I doesn't bother me while I'm working out but the next morning, I can barely walk on it. After walking (limping) around for awhile it goes away. I started taking a couple Tylenol before and after my workout and it seems to be helping some.