what am I doing wrong?

Options
I can't seem to loose any weight. I went from sitting at the computer/on the couch most of the day to walking an hour most days and eating way better but the weight still isn't coming off. How long does it usually take to start seeing results?

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    If your diary is open it's a lot easier to help.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Take mesurments. Seriously. I havent lost weight in over a month (i think) but all my clothes fit differently. Also watch your sodium and change it up. I wish you luck and hope that your scale in not broken and been telling you lies to discourage you. Keep strong YOU CAN and WILL DO it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    it sometimes takes a while. not sure how long you've been going at it, but it may take awhile, especially if you aren't very overweight or obese. open your diary so we can see what you are eating! and you are just walking for an hour a day? how many calories are you eating?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've always found that losing weight is about 80% diet and 20% exercising. Yes, you're more active, but if you're eating too much or not the right things, the weight is not going to come off.
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    Ok so I did some measurements today since the scales aren't being very friendly, although it went down 300g (10.6oz) today but I'm not counting that until it stays off a few days at least with the way it yo yo's.

so...... since 16th July, last saturday
    waist - 99cm - 96cm = 3cm loss. (1.2 inches)
    hips - 105cm - 102cm = 3cm loss. (1.2 inches)

I am very happy :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Good!! Measurements mean a lot too!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't know how long you've been at it, but I'd say give it some more time. Whenever I have started back to exercising, it seems like I don't see actual weight loss (and may even GAIN weight initially) for four to six weeks or so. You're likely toning muscles and losing fat, and your body is changing (as evidenced by losing inches), even though the number on the scale is not changing much, since muscle weighs more than fat. I personally prefer to lose weight slowly, anyway. I'm usually more likely to keep it off that way.