Jogging!

JLSchmetterling
JLSchmetterling Posts: 19
edited 4:23AM in Success Stories
I have only been doing this for a couple of weeks, so I haven't noticed a change in how my clothes fit or anything like that. BUT, it looks like I'm already more in shape now than 2 weeks ago...

I was VERY out of shape when I started this. I have a sedentary job and lived a sedentary lifestyle for a LONG time. So just going upstairs left me huffing and puffing. So, working out 5 days a week has been somewhat of a challenge for me. But this week I'm getting excited, because I'm starting to be able to push myself further, and that includes jogging for part of my 45-minute brisk walks I take twice a week!!!

I know it's not much, but it has been YEARS since I have felt the energy to do that. :-)

Replies

• pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Awesome! Congratulations on you accomplishments :)
  • Degator
    Degator Posts: 92 Member
    And it will only get better, the longer you keep at it!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    The road only gets better and better from there!!! Congrats.
  • dawnrford
    dawnrford Posts: 29 Member
    That is totally awesome!!! Great to see you pushing yourself! Ease into the running though. you don't want to hurt yourself and its easy to get discouraged when you don't progress as fast as you'd like. Just stick with it though. Before you know it you will start noticing your clothes fitting loser and you won't feel so winded going up and down stairs. Its a wonderful feeling!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!