WW exercise points?

Options
Hi everyone,

So when I was on WW, I remember I could eat only a certain amount of "exercise points" a week, I think it might have been 25?

The scale has NOT budged in forever and I always eat all my exercise calories...Could this be why?

i even tried to break this plateau last week by not exercising and eating what I wanted (NOTE: NOT PIGGIN OUT BY ANY MEANS, but just not logging ever day on MFP)

HELP!

Elissa

Replies

• James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I really don't have much idea, except that you might want to think about changing up your exercise routine. If it's been mostly cardio, maybe emphasize resistance work more; or vice versa. There's some food for thought until someone checks in with a better idea, which shouldn't be long.
  • Victoriaaah
    Options
    I remember getting extra points for working out. That's the same as getting extra calories to eat. I try not to eat my extra calories. Have you thought about drinking extra water and varying your exercise routine?

Good Luck!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I have been on a plateau for nearly 8 weeks now. I keep gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds! So frustrating! I have started doing a protein shake in place of one of my meals. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and fresh fruit. I don't know what advice to give you. I need some myself!! I just wanted you to know you are not alone. They need a "plateau" feature on the goals page to set everything to help people get past a plateau.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ I've done WW in the past and had ALWAYS eaten all the exercise points I earned. That was actually my motivation for working out - more points = more food! :) I never had a problem with not losing because I ate those points and was actually encouraged by my leader to eat them. I don't recall there being a limit ~ however I only ever worked out 45 to 60 minutes, maybe 5 times a week at most - earning 2 points each session, so it never would have come close to the 25 point mark. What types of food are you eating?? Are you eating empty calories to just use them up or are you mindful of those earned calories and making good-for-you choices? I hope that you are able to look back and find some sort of pattern and that the scale moves again for you real soon! Hang in there ~ don't give up! :)
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Please open your diary.
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    Im in the same situation. I started out over a month ago doing southbeach... PERFECTLY for almost 2 weeks, I didnt lose a SINGLE POUND! So my friends convinced me I was eating too low cal, so I decided to try the MFP plan.... fast forward to today, IVe been tracking calories, working out 5 days a week (burning 3-6 hundred calories each time) and making sure to eat my exercise calories up to 1200 net calories.... Cause thats what I read ALL over these message boards... "you must eat to 1200, or your body will go into starvation mode etc etc etc"
    I still havent lost a SINGLE POUND!!!!! So today I decided I would track old school weight watchers, cause thats how I lost weight after my previous 2 kids (still fighting off baby pounds from my now 3 year old)
    so anyways.... tracking on BOTH things, I am almost done with my points for the day, yet on here because of my workout, I woudl have to eat a LOT more! I still am torn though, because I DO want this to be a lifestyle change, so I dont want to be starving myself, and I certainly dont want to mess up my body by not eating. but then on the other hand, Its been over a month and I havent lost anything?? Im so frustrated.
  • Madlass
    Options
    Hi Elissa,
    I am having the same problem. I have been stuck at the same weight for weeks now and it is very frustrating. I am exercising every day, mixing it up with various routines and duration. I was below my calorie intake of 1200 per day and kept getting the message that I wasn't eating enough so I have increased my food intake with fresh vegetable snacks and fruit.
    I switched to a VLCD shake twice a day (breakfast and lunch) thinking that this might get me on the move but this hasn't helped much either, so I'm now back on my own meal plan.
    I have made a personal decision to ignore the scales and continue on my journey regardless of what my weight is. I have lost over 18kg to date and feel much healthier. My fitness level has increased, I can buy clothes off the rack, my energy levels are up and my skin looks great. My diabetes is under control and my blood pressure is perfect. I guess I don't have a lot to complain about as I'm in a much better place than I was 4 months ago.
    I'm going to try and focus on the positives and soldier on, however disappointing the scales may be on a particular day.

cheers
    Maddie