Pile o' NSV's this week!

Options
ellumi
ellumi Posts: 90 Member
Lots of good things to say about this week. I had a scale victory - I broke a way too longstanding plateau and am 9 pounds from goal weight. I haven't updated yet because I usually only do that once every 7 - 10 days but am still way excited about it.

NSVs:

1. I went to exchange some of my daughter's clothes last night. I had time to kill and tried on some return-to-work clothes (I've been off for the summer due to medical issues), since none of my work clothes from April fit anymore. Unbelievably, I fit - actually FIT - into size fours and sixes!! I've NEVER seen less than a size 10 in my adult life!!! I'm thrilled about that! I didn't buy any because I'm off for another month and still want to drop another ten pounds, so I'll be patient...even though it was REALLY hard to resist buying those 4s :love: , considering the clothes I was wearing when I started losing were 15/16s!!!

2. I had a family reunion on Sunday and had lots of compliments from family I hadn't seen in awhile. Lots of positive things and inquiries about "how I did it". Nice. It was awesome to be able to tell them that I started tracking everything I ate and exercising, even if not all of them believe me!

3. This is the most gratifying yet...as petty as it may sound. I had to take said clothes from NSV #1 to my daughter today, because she was leaving to go on vacation with her dad. My ex-husband, who never has ANYTHING nice to say, actually said I look good. He said that the cats at work were going to be talking all kinds of trash about me when I return to work, since they hate when anyone looks better than they do (we work at a place filled with horrible, hateful people!! :grumble: ) He also said that I look "tiny" and "cute". I know that sounds horribly superficial but coming from him it was super ego-inflating, since he used to tell me things QUITE to the contrary.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Terrific job!!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I your NSV is excellent and #3 maybe superficial but I get exactly what your saying. Way to go !!!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs especially #3.... luv it. Congrats on ur accomplishments!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Btw...u made right decision on holding of buying the clothes. I bought new clothes before I met my goal and now some of them r too big.
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know it makes me seem a bit like a doucher to even consider my ex's opinion, but made my day even so!

I would like all my clothes to be in the size four range, so I'm glad I didn't give into the temptation. Thanks to my lovely sister in law, I have lots of jeans and capris in sizes six and eight to get me through the rest of the summer, so I didn't really need to buy them anyway :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!