Advice on what I am doing.

Options
Im new.. been here about 12 days or so.. and I would like whomever to look at my food Exercise ect and tell me
if they think Im on the right track .. thanks in advanced.. and Oh.. I can take it, Im a big girl, it wont hurt my feelings !!

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary! Open it please!! :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm willing too, maybe you can look at mine as well!
  • christine24t
    Options
    I'm willing too, maybe you can look at mine as well!

I really love your catagories in your food diary!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Can't access your diary.

It's quite hard though to say if you're doing well or not, each person's body reacts differently to different things, even you won't know exactly what works best for you until you try different things. Some people can't loose weight at all without exercising, others throw exercise in and they find themselves loosing at a slower rate. It is different for everyone.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    ok here goes.......
    Cereals like Fruit Loops have no nutritional value and are high in sugar, etc...
    Try eating your popcorn with no butter
    Try not to drink cola drinks, even coke zero....have water instead
    Increase your water intake
    and try other snacks other than Doritos

remember.......you asked for it :)
    good luck with your journey:)
  • christine24t
    Options
    - switch from fruit loops to something with whole grains, like Multigrain Cheerios or Wheat Chex!
    - cut out all pop or as much as you can! substitute crystal light, etc. if you hate the taste of water
    - switch from chips like Doritos to pretzels, much more filling
    - avoid frozen dinners like Marie Callenders. If you must eat them, eat frozen meals low in sodium.
    - no ramen! it has like all your daily sodium in one small cup. eat whole wheat pasta. you could even cook it the night before and throw it in a tupperware to bring to work.

just my suggestions! :) i have my days and moments too, but trying to cut those little things above will allow you for the occasional treat you really want and not feel guilty
  • bzmommie
    bzmommie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also notice the lack of water intake......try to increase that. And the Soda I have been battling the issue myself but am working on getting myself away from it too. I do not drink coffee so it has been hard. Went 5 days without then had 10 oz.......then went 10 days without but broke down today and had 15 oz ( my TOM so it was a hard day) but plan on keeping it cut back as I do feel better
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    ok here goes.......
    Cereals like Fruit Loops have no nutritional value and are high in sugar, etc...
    Try eating your popcorn with no butter
    Try not to drink cola drinks, even coke zero....have water instead
    Increase your water intake
    and try other snacks other than Doritos

remember.......you asked for it :)
    good luck with your journey:)

^^^^this ......

Congratulations on making a start, and sticking close to your daily calories, but you are eating quite a bit of high , empty calories.... If it was me I suspect I would be starving on what you eat each day.....

More vegetables, salads, and high quality proteins .....a little treat here and there is ok, but try and limit them...

Have a look at my diary, and you will see how you can eat tons of food, if you start eating "cleaner".... Now I got to this point over many months - it does not necessarily happen over night....

It is truly not all bad - you are making some good choices - I have seen much worse than yours :-)

Good luck, and remember to keep having fun on your journey!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • ohpurdysure
    Options
    Yea I drink almost a coke a day and never anything diet.. Im averaging a coffee cup thats about it.
    Water is not hard for me to drink, just alot at one time.. I do drink a glass tea also and green tea on occasion.