Off Topic, Christmas Shopping

Options
I just ordered at a good deal, for my son, MP4 Touch Screen Media Player

Is it a good one?

It does so much, it makes my head spin!!!

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I just ordered at a good deal, for my son, MP4 Touch Screen Media Player

Is it a good one?

It does so much, it makes my head spin!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    What kind is it? We got one of our sons a Zune last year for Christmas. More memory, bigger screen, and cheaper than the Ipod touch. Getting another one for another son this Christmas, and for the same price as last year (about 240 or 250 bucks) it's got even more memory and a bigger screen than the one we got last year. They keep improving!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Um, can I borrow you guys for Christmas? I never got anything that cool for any holiday! :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    It gets harder and harder as the kids get older. The one who is getting it this year has been asking for it since Christmas last year! Since they are older, they understand that getting the big ticket items means they don't get a bunch of smaller gifts. One big thing, some clothes and some stocking stuffers.... The younger ones still get a few toys, clothes, and the stocking stuffers....
  • elliott062907
    Options
    What kind is it? We got one of our sons a Zune last year for Christmas. More memory, bigger screen, and cheaper than the Ipod touch. Getting another one for another son this Christmas, and for the same price as last year (about 240 or 250 bucks) it's got even more memory and a bigger screen than the one we got last year. They keep improving!

Sleek MP4 Touch Screen Media Player lets you watch videos, listen to music, play games or even read e-books.

Touch one of the 9 icons on the screen to begin the ultimate portable entertainment experience.
    This compact player (4" x 2") is loaded with features:
    Large 2-7/8" full-touch screen
    MP4 music and video player that supports multiple formats, including MP4, WMA, and WAV MPEG 4 video formats
    Built-in hi-fi speaker
    2 GB internal memory
    SD slot for Mini SD card for up to 4 GB of memory
    High-definition JPEG picture browse function
    Digital voice recorder
    FM radio
    Built-in lithium battery
    Energy-saving setting
    Brightness control
    Multiple language support
    It comes complete with user manual, ear buds, charger and USB cable.
    It's an entertainment center you can hold in your hand!

$89.95
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    2 GB of memory is not a lot when you're dealing with these players. According to my husband, a full length movie, 1 to 2 hours, is between 1 and 2 GB. If you're also putting music and games on there will take up that memory too. I just pulled from the Zune website, that with 4 GB, you can hold up to 1000 songs, 25,000 pictures, or 12 hours of video. If you've got songs on there, it will reduce the amount of video time you have.

The Zune we got last year, has 80 GB. The one we're getting this year, 120 GB.

Edit: I was looking at the description again, and it does have a slot for a memory card, I would highly recommend getting a card, if you're sticking with this one.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    I just looked at your profile too... If your son is 15, he's probably going to want to have a lot of music on there, as well as the other stuff... Please look around on the net, go to Amazon and search MP4's. Read customer reviews, make an informed decision. Having bought Zunes, we are partial to those, but there are probably others out there that just as good. The more memory you have, the better. 2GB for a 15 year old is just not going to be enough!

One neat thing about the Zune, for 15 dollars a month, you can get a ZunePass, which allows you to download all the music you want onto your Zune. You don't even have to be connected to the internet to do it. We're also able to transfer tv shows from Tivo to the Zune. Doesn't have games though.

Good luck, let me know what you decide
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I just looked at your profile too... If your son is 15, he's probably going to want to have a lot of music on there, as well as the other stuff... Please look around on the net, go to Amazon and search MP4's. Read customer reviews, make an informed decision. Having bought Zunes, we are partial to those, but there are probably others out there that just as good. The more memory you have, the better. 2GB for a 15 year old is just not going to be enough!

One neat thing about the Zune, for 15 dollars a month, you can get a ZunePass, which allows you to download all the music you want onto your Zune. You don't even have to be connected to the internet to do it. We're also able to transfer tv shows from Tivo to the Zune. Doesn't have games though.

Good luck, let me know what you decide

I was checking around, I'll check into more options, I want him to be able to down load all his music as well and he won't be able to watch movies on road trips if he does that too.

Thanx!!!!! :yawn: