HELP!! Do you have a Sportline duo 1010?

Options
41ai6-mbBAL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Does anyone have this heart rate monitor so they can help me figure the damn thing out?

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    From their website:

To get the most out of your physical activity- whether it's walking, dancing or aerobics- you need to make sure you are in your target heart rate zone. The target heart rate zone is typically 50-75% of your maximum heart rate. Get to know your target zones (below) and then spend the majority of your exercise time in that zone to make the most of your effort.

Active Zone: 50% - 60% of maximum heart rate This zone is ideal for fitness beginners on a low to moderate intensity program. Exercising in this zone reduces blood pressure and cholesterol.

Fat Burning Zone: 60% - 75% of maximum heart rate Exercising in this zone strengthens the cardiovascular system and nearly all the calories burned are from fats.

Endurance Zone: 75% - 85% of maximum heart rate Reaching this zone requires more intense aerobic activity and is perfect for fitness enthusiasts working to burn maximum calories from fat and carbohydrates. Cardiovascular strengthening, increased metabolism and elevated caloric burn are the primary benefits.

Benefits of Heart Rate Monitors - Help develop a more effective exercise program - Alerts you if you are exercising outside (too high or too low) of your target rate - Instructs you to speed up or slow down the exercise machine to keep you on target - Since the two main causes of an improper workout are either working too hard or not hard enough, the monitor can help keep you focused As you get more fit, your heart is able to pump more blood with every beat. As a result, your heart doesn't have to beat as often to get the needed oxygen to your muscles, decreasing resting heart rate and exercise heart rate on all exertion levels.
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options
    PM me if you don't find your answer in there. I'll try to help you figure it our before you buy a different one.

Here's a link to their support page: http://www.sportline.com/support/faq.html
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline and still trying to get it figured out totally :embarassed:

Want to see what everyone else says :wink:
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think i'm going to return it cuz its making me angry haha.
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline and still trying to get it figured out totally :embarassed:

Want to see what everyone else says :wink:

Does your say your resting heart rate is in between 84-92?
  • Gsc122
    Gsc122 Posts: 36
    Options
    I got a polar because they code their heart rate monitors so you don't get interference from someone elses. I will say that I do love having an hrm.(just got mine this week) all this time I've been using online calculators to figure our how many calories I've been burning during cardio.Turns out the calculators have been short changing me by around 200 calories. (300 vs 500)

I was like "I knew I was kicking my *kitten*!" :)

Oh and my polar usually shows me around 80 bpm before working out. (too the previous poster)
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options
    Kass, while you are wearing it, and sitting down, read the number it displays, and simultaneously take a manual HR count using your fingers on your wrist or carotid artery for a 20 second count (then multiply times 3). See how close the manual count comes to the HRM number. That'll tell you if it's working properly or not.