New user that knows nothing about wieght lose

tinknat15
tinknat15 Posts: 3
edited 4:26AM in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Natalie. I have been "big" for as long as I can remember. I am tall so I seem to stick out more, and I just feel huge because I am wide and tall. I have had those people in my life who have called me fat, or big, but i want to try and stop that. I am athletic but it never seems to help my wieght, I play lacrosse, I ski race, and I play volley ball. I hate being the slowest and the biggest person all the time. I have had coachs and my parents tell me that I need to run more and lose some wieght, but i have never had any motivation to do it till me and my friend decided to join this porgram. So if any body wants to friend me feel free. Thanks for reading I just hope this program will help. :smile:

Replies

• ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Hi there, Natalie. I feel for you, truly I do. I don't know about your running if your that tall. It might be killer on your knees. How tall are you? Anyways, welcome and we're here to support you. I wish you the best of luck!! Sending you a friend msg now.
  • tinknat15
    tinknat15 Posts: 3
    about 5'10" and I am going into 10th grade..... I lied about my age
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Food is 90% of getting healthy, exercise is great for toning but what we eat has so much to do with weight loss and our health & keeping that weight off.

Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Welcome! This site is fantastic!
  • Gsc122
    Gsc122 Posts: 36
    Hi Natalie. I can tell you from experience that weight loss is more related to diet. Its also not so much what you eat, but how much of it you are eating. Luckily keeping a food diary (like this website, and its associated smart phone app) is a great first start.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.