Any suggestions to reduce hips?

Options
I've been running for 3 ish years, cross country, and started doing fartleks (sprint 1 min, jog 3 min etc). I do lunges, jump squats, lying hip extensions every other day I don't run 5km. I still have a whopping 38 inch hips, compared to a 27 inch waist. Any other suggestions for trying to reduce my extra cushion? :p My food + exercise journals are public.

PS: I will be starting yoga Sunday :)

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You actually have an excellent hip/waist ratio.

http://www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/waist_hip.asp
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    Yeah I did do that calculation.. the one where women should be about 0.7? My only problem is, is that a LOT of fat is stored there and my butt tends to stick out on it's own. It's great for some purposes (lol xD) but I'm just sick of it altogether.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Well for health reasons, butts are better than tummies and it really doesn't cause health problems there.

There comes a point where you can firm and lift that booty but it won't get any smaller. We all have a shape that we're born with and we have to work within it's confines too. I think Yoga will be great for toning and firming. Also maybe check out the Brazilian Butt lift work outs too, I think that's what it's called.
  • vulrich93
    Options
    I actually DO have the brazilian butt lift workout :p It did work somewhat for me (half an inch in a month -.-) and I guess I can pop in the dvd and change things up a bit. I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me!
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    Yes Brazil Butt is a good workout for toning and cardio. I tried a few of the workouts and like them but then tried TurboFire & love it. It is tough but really works to change the shape of your body and drop the excess pounds (not that you have the poundage issue) but may help. I found even my ankles are getting thinner, never thought that would happen!
  • vulrich93
    Options
    Ahahahaha no worries on the poundage issue :p I would try turbo fire, but I'm going off to university in the fall and since I'll already be starving from a strict budget, I kinda don't want to pay for another beach body product :p I think I'd rather save for a butt reduction LOL.

Thanks for the help <3 I'll try and mix it up a bit.