Off Topic: Health Insurance for my mom

Options
I know there are many on this site that probably have P.O.A. over their parents or parent, and/or, they help out with financial needs and doctors and what not,

I am trying to find health insurance for my mom, who is 59, on a widows ssi and meducare suppliment.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I know there are many on this site that probably have P.O.A. over their parents or parent, and/or, they help out with financial needs and doctors and what not,

I am trying to find health insurance for my mom, who is 59, on a widows ssi and meducare suppliment.

Any suggestions?
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I know this isnt an answer but have you tried calling the commission on aging in your state?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I work for a guy who is with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. They sell not just investments, but insurances too. You could look into that, most reps (and I'm assuming reps for other companies as well) will look up several options and give you the results.
    -Robin
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I know this isnt an answer but have you tried calling the commission on aging in your state?

No I haven't but thanx, I will look it up. Maybe some one can help me find a local ins supplement for her.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I work for a guy who is with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. They sell not just investments, but insurances too. You could look into that, most reps (and I'm assuming reps for other companies as well) will look up several options and give you the results.
    -Robin

Thank you, I will look for a web site...