I have a sensitive question

Options
I am feeling so bloated and big today. I didn't over eat by much yesterday, splurged on a couple cookies but otherwise nothing different... Monthy time is nowhere in sight and I have been drinking my water as usual. I get about 18-25 g of fibre in a given day, and most of that comes from fruits and veggies and cereal... I drink 6-10 glasses of water everyday. Is there anything that is specifically good to eat for bloating and constipation? I don't know what's wrong with me but I couldn't possibly feel any worse. thanks in advance

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I am feeling so bloated and big today. I didn't over eat by much yesterday, splurged on a couple cookies but otherwise nothing different... Monthy time is nowhere in sight and I have been drinking my water as usual. I get about 18-25 g of fibre in a given day, and most of that comes from fruits and veggies and cereal... I drink 6-10 glasses of water everyday. Is there anything that is specifically good to eat for bloating and constipation? I don't know what's wrong with me but I couldn't possibly feel any worse. thanks in advance
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    A few people on here have suggested magnesium for constipation.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

It's nasty, but a shot of apple cider vinegar really helps lose some of that stubborn water weight. :sick:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Thanks guys, I just don't have any laxatives in the house and the nearest store is a 40 minute walk through snow away so thats a no... my guy has the car at work.
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options

SO you SPLURGED the cookies!!! Define a couple...:huh: ...:tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    4 total, lol, but they are tiny. I saved room in my day for three so techniquely I only overate by one cookie. they were 120 cals each.... life isn't worth living if I can't occaisionally enjoy my homemade cookies... :flowerforyou:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    It's nasty, but a shot of apple cider vinegar really helps lose some of that stubborn water weight. :sick:

Mmmm...tasty! (I love all types of vinegar and yes, I can drink it...) :drinker:
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I just don't have any laxatives in the house and the nearest store is a 40 minute walk through snow away so thats a no... my guy has the car at work.

You are a Canadian !! A 40 minute walk in the snow is nothing, :laugh: you should be doing that in your shorts and sandles!! Oh wait, you have lost 51 Lbs of insulation ... maybe it would be a little cool after all.:drinker:

Seriously though I hope you feel better!
  • kerrilucko
    Options

You are a Canadian !! A 40 minute walk in the snow is nothing, :laugh: you should be doing that in your shorts and sandles!! Oh wait, you have lost 51 Lbs of insulation ... maybe it would be a little cool after all.:drinker:

Seriously though I hope you feel better!

lol ya but I'm a southern canadian uprooted and living in the North :ohwell: I'm used to green Christmases and rainy new years not snowy halloweens. besides, I feel like a bowling ball... maybe I could roll over to the store, lol
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    4 total, lol, but they are tiny. I saved room in my day for three so techniquely I only overate by one cookie. they were 120 cals each.... life isn't worth living if I can't occaisionally enjoy my homemade cookies... :flowerforyou:

Very true...
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon??? Keep that up until you clear / debloat???
    Always works for me...
    Good luck
    :flowerforyou:

Btw... you have SNOW in Manitoba? Friends in Winnipeg said no snow yet for them. Here in Toronto it's 18-20 degrees! My kids were outside in shorts today!
    :tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Hot water with lemon??? Keep that up until you clear / debloat???
    Always works for me...
    Good luck
    :flowerforyou:

Btw... you have SNOW in Manitoba? Friends in Winnipeg said no snow yet for them. Here in Toronto it's 18-20 degrees! My kids were outside in shorts today!
    :tongue:

Winnipeg is 9 hours south of where I am. We're kind of between there and Churchill. I'd say we've got 5 or so good inches right now. :grumble: Oh how I miss Toronto! :frown:
    And thanks for the advice, I will try that for sure!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I had this trouble the other day, and was steered in the direction of prunes - had some this mornign and starting to feel a whole lot better :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Aaaah you said the S word. We haven't had any yet, in fact we are having a nice indian summer!!