Another newbie, as you may have guessed. Haha.

Options
Howdy
Well...where to start, where to start...
My name is Katie, I'm 19 (almost 20) years old and I'll be a junior in college. I'm double majoring in Mathematics and English. (Yeah, so I'm slightly crazy. Haha.)
So I've always been overweight, but it wasn't until I turned 13 that my weight got horribly out of control. I had just quit softball (bad, bad, BAD idea, but high school sports and I weren't destined to be), was having major issues with anxiety and depression which led to my being put on anti-depressants. After having to play around with those for a while (ok, we're still playing around with those, heh), coupled with the lack of sports, I'm sure you can imagine how that was able to mess me up big time.
Fast forward a few years, still living a sedentary lifestyle and still having to mess with medications, now add a job that depressed and stressed me to no end into the equation. Binge episodes almost every time I went on break (I work in a "dollar store," so there's a lot of food but it's all crap), and I had to drink a Pepsi to get through the shift, every shift. (I was never a big pop/soda drinker until about 3 months ago. Diet makes me sicker than a dog so it's been the high calorie, high sugar pop for me. Ew.)
So now I've transferred stores and am working at one that doesn't depress me, I'm almost 20, I'm halfway finished with my undergrad studies, and bugger it all I just wanna feel (and *look*) better! So that, in a nutshell, explains why I'm here in a fit of desperation. (Ok, and watching my older brother, mind you, he was once bigger than me, lose 100-ish pounds in the past year and a half is a motivator as well. Curse men's ability to lose weight easier than women! lol) Enough is enough!
(I also am taking my first "gym" class since my sophomore year of high school. Eek!)

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ramble and rant like a lunatic. It's been a long, hard road and I've finally had enough.
So, uhm, please excuse my outburst of a post, hehe. It's nice to meet you all. :)

Replies

• crazyladym
    crazyladym Posts: 26
    Options
    hi and welcome. Im pretty new here to (5 days) It sounds like you just had a lot to get out and sometimes you just have to let it out. lol
  • PositiveGoals
    Options
    Welcome, and rambling is welcome if it helps you. I had a similar story as you. I was around your age when I started to balloon. My age 20 i was a size 20. Today I weigh more than 400lbs. I am trying to lose 10% of my weight before my gastric bypass at the end of the year. I have been using MFP for about 4-5 weeks and since using this website I went from yoyo to a stead 2 1/2lbs per week. You'll love it. Just be honest with your foods. Add your exercise at the end of the day so you are not tempted to eat the extra calories, and make your diary public (it keeps you accountable). Remember you need to burn 3500 calories for every pound you want to lose. Good luck and again, welcome.
  • SeregKat
    SeregKat Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh so very true, haha. I've just had this all pent up for a while...time to let loose! lol
    Welcome to you as well! :)
  • SeregKat
    Options
    Honesty is why I'm here. :) I've tried food journals before as suggested by my counselor but I was such a liar with those.
    It's almost tempting to lie on here too, but I figure...we're all here for a similar reason, I'm not expecting harsh judgement.
    Thank you so much for your tips, welcome, and advice! Good luck to you as well! :D
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi & welcome :wink:
  • SeregKat
    Options
    Thanks! :D