I have a question

Options
Okay I was sitting here eating lunch which isn't bad but not the best, anyway I was thinking man I wonder if anyone else has days when the feel like they are starving. I ate breakfast about 8am (oatmeal and fruit)and had my morning snack around 10:30am (100 calorie peaches and jell-o) and now I am eating lunch because I could't wait any longer. I am eating a lean cuisine glazed chicken and yogurt and a few triscuits. I feel like I am dieing today due to being hungry. I wonder if my body is trying to eat itself or something. :laugh:

Oh well thanks for listening I had to get it out there.

:bigsmile:

Molly

Replies

• MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Okay I was sitting here eating lunch which isn't bad but not the best, anyway I was thinking man I wonder if anyone else has days when the feel like they are starving. I ate breakfast about 8am (oatmeal and fruit)and had my morning snack around 10:30am (100 calorie peaches and jell-o) and now I am eating lunch because I could't wait any longer. I am eating a lean cuisine glazed chicken and yogurt and a few triscuits. I feel like I am dieing today due to being hungry. I wonder if my body is trying to eat itself or something. :laugh:

Oh well thanks for listening I had to get it out there.

:bigsmile:

Molly
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Hmm, Yes. I have days like that. :laugh: I usually end up bingeing!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I feel this way in the afternoons!!! I'm always starving in the afternoons and, while I eat healthy snacks, that's all I do. Snack!
    98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have days like that, i'm ravenous all day, looking for the next thing to eat, then on other days, I have trouble eating my calories - I think a lot of us go through it
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hmm, Yes. I have days like that. :laugh: I usually end up bingeing!

Yeah, I was starving yesterday!! But usually if I have more protein & fiber and less sugar, I'm not quite as hungry, at least not as soon.
  • MollySue30
    Options
    I haven't been doing bad today at all. I am not sure what my body is trying to do. I hope after eating lunch that I can control it till my afternoon snack and then dinner. I have already planned dinner so I am trying to be good till then. I guess I still have almost 500 calories after everything is logged for the day except my evening snack which is usually a glass of milk and a popsicle. I have to work out tonight so I usually don't eat all of my calories during the day. Oh well.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing bad today at all. I am not sure what my body is trying to do. I hope after eating lunch that I can control it till my afternoon snack and then dinner. I have already planned dinner so I am trying to be good till then. I guess I still have almost 500 calories after everything is logged for the day except my evening snack which is usually a glass of milk and a popsicle. I have to work out tonight so I usually don't eat all of my calories during the day. Oh well.

Ya know Molly I've noticed the weather change is having an effect on me....I noticed you live in a cooler state as well... perhaps our bodies are merely adjusting a bit? I'm doing the 5-6 mini-meals and there are times I want to eat something.

Now if I am truly hungry I will...but if it's my head that's hungry...well, LOL I try not too.

I think if you're truly feeling hungry and getting in your water, your excercise cals, eating enough cals for the day....then your body is probably sending you a message. Would it help to track a few days and if this keeps up perhaps add a bit more in each day...denser more filling type snacks, something that way?

I think the Season changes effect our bodies in ways more than we truly understand. The warmer monthes it's harder for me to get all my cals in...I work hard to do it but I do see a big diff.

Keep us posted... glad you jumped in and ask:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I have felt like that all week! I blamed it on TOM, but who knows!

I turned Tuesday into a "high calorie day" (that is my new term for cheat day...) and splurged on Pad Thai.

Got right back on track the next day tho.

I like mixing in high calorie days occasionally... mostly so I can still get to eat my fav foods. I think days when you are starving a good opportunity to do that.
  • MollySue30
    Options
    It could totally be the weather, i know that we have some rain and colder weather coming in tonight, it is very pretty right now, windy but nice. I am still just thinking my body is probably adjusting to all of the change that I have put it through. I hope that I can keep it up the way I am going. I am hoping that I get a cook book for x-mas so I can be the better cook in my family than my husband. I want to say thank you everyone for the advice.

It is wonderful to know that I have friends that I can talk too and that they understand where I am coming from.

Love you guys.

Molly
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    It could totally be the weather, i know that we have some rain and colder weather coming in tonight, it is very pretty right now, windy but nice. I am still just thinking my body is probably adjusting to all of the change that I have put it through. I hope that I can keep it up the way I am going. I am hoping that I get a cook book for x-mas so I can be the better cook in my family than my husband. I want to say thank you everyone for the advice.

It is wonderful to know that I have friends that I can talk too and that they understand where I am coming from.

Love you guys.

Molly
    :flowerforyou:
  • aubs057
    aubs057 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yup. totally normal! :laugh:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    :laugh: I can really relate! That sounds like me today. I keep walking to the fridge and pantry to check out what's in there. Rationally, I know that it is the same stuff I just looked at 10 minutes ago, but I swear there is a part of me that thinks maybe there is something new that I didn't see the last time that I can get into! I am doing pretty well staying out of the kids' Halloween candy so far...just reached in once and had half of a 100 Grand bar, which is under 100 calories! I felt guilty so I planned out my exercise for tonight since I keep eating! LOL I am chalking it up to TOM...the week before is always rough on me. I'm going to go chug some water and brush my teeth now. :grumble: