*Pesto-Crusted Baked Fish*

Options
Fitness_Chick
Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
I just found a tasty sounding one on Google...sounds delish and simple
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20081001/LIFE0201/810010455/1004/RSS05

Doesn't have the nutrition info but sparkpeople.com should help you out there... Enjoy :drinker:

Prep time: 7 minutes

Total time: 22 minutes

Servings: 2

1 teaspoon butter

3 tablespoons prepared pesto

1/2 cup dry plain bread crumbs

2 fillets (6 ounces each) orange roughy, cod or other mild white fish

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place butter in an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking pan and place in oven until butter melts. Remove pan from oven and swirl butter to coat bottom of pan. Combine pesto and bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Spread both sides of fish with mayonnaise. Dip both sides of fish in pesto bread crumbs to coat, then place in prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork.

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I just found a tasty sounding one on Google...sounds delish and simple
    http://www.news-leader.com/article/20081001/LIFE0201/810010455/1004/RSS05

Doesn't have the nutrition info but sparkpeople.com should help you out there... Enjoy :drinker:

Prep time: 7 minutes

Total time: 22 minutes

Servings: 2

1 teaspoon butter

3 tablespoons prepared pesto

1/2 cup dry plain bread crumbs

2 fillets (6 ounces each) orange roughy, cod or other mild white fish

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place butter in an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking pan and place in oven until butter melts. Remove pan from oven and swirl butter to coat bottom of pan. Combine pesto and bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Spread both sides of fish with mayonnaise. Dip both sides of fish in pesto bread crumbs to coat, then place in prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    that sounds SOOOO GOOD MMMMmmmmMMMMmmm.................... :tongue:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh boy this is embarrassing...but what is pesto?:embarassed:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Oh boy this is embarrassing...but what is pesto?:embarassed:

Oh please don't be embarressed:bigsmile:

I didn't know myself until a few monthes back when I tried in on a turkey/swiss sandwich.

Here's a link so you can see what all goes into pesto... basically it's made with fresh basil (but there are other pesto's besides basil ones..it's just more commonly known is all) and pinenuts...

This link I found is a pretty cool one actually you might just find yourself whippin up some basil pesto after reading through it with all the great pics:drinker:

http://www.pickyourown.org/pesto.php
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    I LOVE Pesto yummy yummuy
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    That sounds soo good but also sounds like it's loaded with cals, butter, mayo, pesto, bread crumbs?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That sounds soo good but also sounds like it's loaded with cals, butter, mayo, pesto, bread crumbs?

but its 2 servings. you could sub in light mayo, and use light becel instead of butter. it's not bad as far as entrees go.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Don't know never made it... lol

Someone was trying to find a recipe for it earlier by googling after they saw an MFP entry for it but said they were unable to find it, so I tried a different search and came up with this for the whoever had wanted it oringinally........ :drinker:

Oh Kerri's ideas sound do-able:happy: Yea, I can see that working.... I've never tried Tipilia fish...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I LOVE Pesto yummy yummuy
    :flowerforyou:
  • redflipr
    Options
    I inputted all the ingredients into the recipe builder on Sparkpeople.com and it came out to 439.5 cals per serving. That was with generic ingredients. Everything can be substituted for lite or lo-cal.