Looking for the Right Supprot Group

Options
Hi all MFB's,
i just joined 7 days ago & found a couple of supproting people whom i thank a lot but now i'm looking for a motivation & Supprot Group to be in , i'm looking but most of the Groups are already started a while a go i tried in couple of groups but no feed back yet , there are a lot of groups & i'm sure they are great &/those days are the one i need to be motivated the most .

if any one else feel the same way please tell me that i's not only me .

Replies

• See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    Yeah, I haven't really found a good support group yet and nobody responded to one of my posts asking for motivation...ouch! You could always start a group though!
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were support groups out here but let me wish you luck. You can do it!
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    see_jenn_run, I always look at someone's profile before sending or accepting a friend invite. I like to see what they say about where they are in their lives and what they are trying to accomplish on MFP. Just a thought, it seems you have your profile on a restricted setting where "browsers" like me can't see it, just people you've already friended.
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    see_jenn_run, I always look at someone's profile before sending or accepting a friend invite. I like to see what they say about where they are in their lives and what they are trying to accomplish on MFP. Just a thought, it seems you have your profile on a restricted setting where "browsers" like me can't see it, just people you've already friended.

oh i did not know that , thanks for the advice i will change the setting now :))
  • MerA822
    Options
    Yeah, I haven't really found a good support group yet and nobody responded to one of my posts asking for motivation...ouch! You could always start a group though!

yes Truley OUCH :smile: i was thinking about , but i was waiting untill i actually loose some weight first , don't you think .
  • MerA822
    Options
    I didn't know there were support groups out here but let me wish you luck. You can do it!

Thanks a lot , wishing you best of Luck too :))
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out the lay of the land here but now I know my profile is super restricted so maybe that's why I'm not making many friends! :) I'm not sure what kind of groups there are here-it seems like a lot of them involve some kind of physical challenge, having a certain number of pounds to lose, or something like that...good luck figuring it out though!
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to friend me if you are looking for support- I am also. I've been using the site to track for about a month or 2, but just logged into the community a few days ago. I think I really need support, its hard to find other folks that "get it," in every day life. I am very happy to cheer on others. I've had a long term struggle, now doing ok but digging in to maintain a recent wt loss. I am a mom of 2 girls, early 40's, work full time... not much of a social life outside of family. I do not know how groups work here. Happy to have new friends!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You know they say "if you make it they will come". Figure out what kind of support you're looking for and start a group. There are probably plenty of people sitting there lurking day after day thinking "I wish there were a group for me." Another idea is to keep refreshing the recent posts or do a search for what you're looking for. Some threads are more active than others, but not all of them show up all the time under recent posts. In the past 5 weeks I have joined at least 4 threads for people with 100+ to lose, but that didn't happen in one day because they weren't all posting at the same time.

I guess my big point is don't give up. There are others on here needing and wanting to do the same things you are; you just have to find them or make it so they can find you.

Good luck!!