Headaches?

Options
Hey there, today is my fourth day on a good diet and exercise routine, and things seem to be going pretty great except for one thing. I have noticed that I am having headaches pretty frequently. I have never been a heavy caffeine drinker, so I have not cut out any caffeine or very much sugar. Any tips?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Things that can lead to headaches:

-Drastic calorie-cutting
    -Major reduction in carbs
    -Dehydration
    -Not eating frequently enough (low blood sugars)
    -If exercising, clenching your jaw or holding your breath in difficult portions
    -Caffeine withdrawal (although I know you said this doesn't apply)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Dehydration?

Your muscles will be using more water and you'll be sweating more plus I hear it's hot over there.
  • Georgeous74
    Options
    Are you drinking about 1.5 litres of water a day?
    Have you suddenly stopped sugar intake?
    Both could be causing the headaches.
    If it continues i would see a doctor.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I get headaches when I haven't drunk enough water.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    GLuten sensitivity!!! Try cutting it out of your diet for a week & see what happens. I found out that ths was the cause of the barometric (weatehr-related) headaches that were bothering me for YEARS!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    water water and water!

try not to exersice in the heat either..this will also give you one!
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys! Maybe I am not drinking enough. I drank about 80 oz yesterday. I never really paid attention to how many calories I took in before, so maybe I have cut back way more than I realize.
  • cindykern
    cindykern Posts: 5
    Options
    No idea about the headaches but way to go for getting started on this journey.
  • lauradupree
    Options
    Four pounds lost in four days seems extreme. It could be water weight... or possible the reduction in caloric intake causing your problem. Still 80 ounces sounds like plenty of water, especially if it is plain water.
    When I get cluster headaches, it is caused from my neck being out of alignment. That's when I visit my chiropractor, one or two visits and my headaches are gone for months.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary to know for sure, but have you switched to "diet" foods with artificial sweeteners that you aren't used to eating?
  • chelbel89
    Options
    No, I dont think I have. I have fairly regularly eaten lean cuisines and things like that. But mostly its been cutting back portions of the not so healthy stuff and adding more veggies. If I can figure out how to make my diary public, I will. lol.
  • chelbel89
    Options
    Okay, diary now public :smile: And I am sure that it is mostly water weight that I have lost, even though I am drinking tons of water per day. Maybe I should just take a tylenol everyday or something.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    This doesn't really answer your question, so I apologize! But, I looked at your diary and you are eating a lot of processed stuff. You would be able to eat more food if you ate more natural things, and you would feel better overall. That has been my experience as a relatively new to this person (about 6 weeks).