OT - Help Needed with Hats!

Options
Mishy
Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
Hi Everyone,

I'd really like to surprise my husband this year and get him a nice hat for Christmas, but I've only ever gotten ones that are caps or informal (like with sports team stuff).

Any suggestions on places I can go and how I can figure out what size to order?

Replies

• Mishy
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'd really like to surprise my husband this year and get him a nice hat for Christmas, but I've only ever gotten ones that are caps or informal (like with sports team stuff).

Any suggestions on places I can go and how I can figure out what size to order?

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    What kind you thinking of, a fedora or golfers cap??

I'm alllllllll about online shopping. True googling "men's hats" & see what you find. :smile:
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    if you live near a big city, look for a men's hat shop. Lots of choices there. If you have access to a hat your husband already owns, take it with you for sizing. Also, make sure they have an exchange policy in case it doesn't fit
  • Mishy
    Options
    What kind you thinking of, a fedora or golfers cap??

I'm alllllllll about online shopping. True googling "men's hats" & see what you find. :smile:

For sure something like a fedora. Thanks - it'll be a fun night of Google :)
  • Mishy
    Options
    if you live near a big city, look for a men's hat shop. Lots of choices there. If you have access to a hat your husband already owns, take it with you for sizing. Also, make sure they have an exchange policy in case it doesn't fit

Cool - thanks, I'll look around. I tried JcPenney's but they only had winter hats. I was bummed, but now I'll think bigger :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You might even want to check out a vintage store for some really cool hats. :smile:
  • Lo0BLu
    Lo0BLu Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You could take one of his baseball caps (that he has fitted to his head size) to a hat shop and they should be able to get his size from that.
  • _Sparky_
    _Sparky_ Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Considering this post was made 7 year and 2 months ago I'm sure Mishy has already bought the hat lmao