Should I add My Exercise?

Options
So I am new to this whole wt Loss Idea, if I count my exercise... it can have more Calories?
Don't I want to have a deficit at the end of the day?
HELP CONFUSED

Replies

• zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    You can have more calories if you want. I tend to exercise but not add that to the calories I can consume (unless I'm seriously hungry that day). However, if you exercise a great deal (so you're burning say... 800 calories a day with exercise) I would advise eating enough to compensate for that.

Good luck!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    MFP already builds in a deficit for you so you should eat some if not all of your exercise calories back. You need to try both and see what works best for you. It would be nice if everything were black and white when it comes to weight loss but as we all know there are MANY grey areas. At first I was not eating my exercise calories back and was losing weight but I had about 50 pounds to lose when I started and the closer I get to my goal I am finding out that I have to eat more to lose weight. Right now I am eating back all my exercise calories and I am still losing about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    MFP already builds in a deficit for you so you should eat some if not all of your exercise calories back. You need to try both and see what works best for you. It would be nice if everything were black and white when it comes to weight loss but as we all know there are MANY grey areas. At first I was not eating my exercise calories back and was losing weight but I had about 50 pounds to lose when I started and the closer I get to my goal I am finding out that I have to eat more to lose weight. Right now I am eating back all my exercise calories and I am still losing about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week.
    I tend to do some, depending how much I did that day, too.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You should eat close to your calorie goal each day including eating back most of your exercise calories. As has already been mentioned, the calorie goal that MFP gives you each day already includes a deficit to lose weight. By eating too far under this goal you may slow or even stop your weight lose. Many people do not realize that eating too few calories can be just as bad for losing weight as eating too many.
  • mindiejean
    mindiejean Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    again checking my signituree
  • mindiejean
    Options
    again checking my signituree
  • mindiejean
    Options
    again checking my signiture