Small waist and big thighs...

I've lost 10 pounds of fat through diet and exercise in the past 2 months, but my leg haven't lost must size. How do I get my thighs smaller so I can fit in pants that actually fit?

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I've lost 10 pounds of fat through diet and exercise in the past 2 months, but my leg haven't lost must size. How do I get my thighs smaller so I can fit in pants that actually fit?
    Squats, lunges, lots of cardio.

You can't really spot reduce though. I have the exact opposite problem, massive belly, no bum and legs :(
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 583 Member
    Start running or spinning. Both of these exercises are really great for toning and losing in the lower body. I have a ten inch difference between my waist and hips so I completely know what you mean! Usually I still need a belt, but I can fit myself into the smaller size overall now thanks to these and consistent strength training as well.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Run your sweet *kitten* off!! that's helped me see daylight between my thighs again!! :wink:
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379

I have this problem too. I can't find jeans that fit so have to wear leggings and skirts. One of the downsides to having an hourglass figure I'm afraid.

If you do too much cardio you'll lose weight and end up bony at the top so maybe just toning and lots of it

x
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Run your sweet *kitten* off!! that's helped me see daylight between my thighs again!! :wink:

LOL
  • good ol' fashioned walking :)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    I run & my thighs are getting smaller. If you can't run..., walk then! Good luck!
  • marvoll
    marvoll Posts: 7 Member
    I too have a pretty good sized set of saddlebags! Well, I did! I started doing Zumba about 2 years ago and I have noticed, now that I am eating right and doing zumba 3 times a week instead of 1 or 2, that my *kitten* and thighs have been melting away! It doesn't feel like a workout while you are doing it because it's so much fun!
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Boy did your heading grab my attention. That is so my body! I have been walking for 6 months; and have noticed a little bit of change; but just started Jillian's 30 Day Shred and doing some yoga or pilates as they are supposed to stretch and lengthen those muscles. Hoping for better results now.
  • Thanks Everyone! I have been doing cardio and weight training, should I continue doing this? Or just cardio?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    i agree lots of cardio and strength training, especially running- its helped my legs to be in the best shape ever :)
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Definitely both cardio and strength training will help you get there especially any workout that has lower body segments which they all should. Lunges are the best along with squats. I used to run too but I have seen better results with my fitness dvds than I ever saw with running, just speaking from personal experience however, I can't speak for anyone else.
  • MelissaJ20
    MelissaJ20 Posts: 46
    Billy Blanks. I saw the biggest difference when I alternated running with his workout video.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    I gave up trying to reduce them. I just keep exercising and buy pants that fit. Took a while to find some though.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    I say keep moving and eating right. I like the running and spin ideas. I just signed up for a Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon..I will walk run it. I really want to try spin class but it scares me! I struggle with the same thing. Maybe I will bite the bullet a try spin. I'll let you know. Keep in touch :smile:
  • Run, spin, weights. LOTS of squats and lunges. Jumping lunges are fantastic! That being said...I'm rather thin but my thighs are still big. I blame years and years of horseback riding when I was little :)
  • Kelly! You are so cute! LOL :smile:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Try doing Yoga! It'll give you a long lean look