Humiliation!!!

Options
asnail
asnail Posts: 15 Member
Hi my name is Angela and I need to lose a 120 pounds. I have been a member for a while but I have had a hard time sticking to anything. Well after going to the beach with my family this past week. I realized how really bad off I am.
I was so humiliated at all the perfect or really close to perfect figures. I looked like a beached whale that swam up on shore and was swimming with all the fit people!! I will not let this happen again. I have a long journey and I really need all the support I can get. No more giving up!!! I want as many friends as I can get that are truly here for support. Please add me as a friend. I so appreciate it!!!

Beached whale Angela ---only for now

Replies

• TheShelterCat
    Options
    You can do it!! I'm adding you :smile:
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm on here almost every day so feel free to add me if you need some added support!! YOU CAN DO THIS :flowerforyou: Vx
  • corierose1212
    Options
    add me I walk beside you
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    We can do it!!!!! Add me :)
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You CAN do this. You just need the right motivation.. & when you just lose interest or dont want to do it anymore .. DO IT ANYWAYS!!! <3 i am also adding you xoxo
  • hexkitten
    hexkitten Posts: 5
    Options
    If you don't mind, I'm adding you, too. I've found that it's helpful to have other people to help cheer you on (and to feel a little competition with!)
  • pinkylala
    pinkylala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Youre aware of where youre at and you want to change your lifestyle. Kudos to you for setting your goal. I just joined, Ill add you and we can do this!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can do it!!
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi I also have alot to loose my ticker shows my 1st goal which is to loose 43lb once I get there i'll set myself another goal, I think it's easier to do it in smaller chunks it doesn't seem so much then :) feel free to add me for help and support. I log in everyday and have lost 7lb already in my 1st 2 weeks
  • JessieGurl
    JessieGurl Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi Angela, you can do it! Just take it slow. I made little changes at first and logged everything and as you start to lose you make healthier changes. More veggies, start to exercise a little. Its not easy and you will not lose te weight over night . What I find helpful is to make sure you sign in daily and log good and bad days. And remember at the end of the day, turn the page... you got a blank slate.. start over making better choices. If you go over your calories, its not all or nothing.. keep at it... do not ever give up! You will end up writing a similar post NEXT summer. :-)
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Humiliation was my motivator too! I'll join your team.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The thing I love most in your post are the last three words: "only for now". That's the spirit!

I love it that you're not "hoping to make it this time" or "wishing that MFP will get you there" or asking for "luck". Those things are fine, of course ... they just won't get you where you want you want to go. Determination like yours will. It won't always be easy, but no matter. You're a strong, brilliant woman who can do anything. Right?

So yeah, you can SO do this. Stay the course, friend. Forward we go! :)
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    I will add you too!!! I am on every day, but I am still not great at logging, but I am getting there! You can do this!!!!
  • 68sylvia
    68sylvia Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. i joined awhile ago did nothing and now im so serious about getting this weight off. you can do it. Even when you feel like you want to give up don't you will be so happy with yourself.
  • deefrankl
    deefrankl Posts: 1
    Options
    I know that you can do this. I tell myself every morning that I deserve a better body one that not only looks good but is good. I watched the the numbers on the scale climb higher and higher, watched my perfectly happy size 8 climb to a very unhappy size 16. But it wasn't until I went to a doctor because I was feeling under the weather and found that not only were those numbers climbing but my cholesterol and blood pressure numbers were climbing as well. I use these factors to motivate me into eating well and moving more. I think we have to stop allowing life to happen to us and start choosing what happens in our lives. I hate that you felt uncomfortable swimming with the hard bodies but the truth is your story tells me that you are a head of a lot of other people in our situation. You were out swimming so that tells me that you understand the moving around part of living healthy. That was the part I had the most stress with. But now I (like you) have experienced my moment of clarity and I am going to really try hard to help myself (and support you; if you will let me) achieve a healthy way of living. I am going to start by fully using this site. My doctor says it is much easy to obtain a goal if you a keep track of what you are eating and how much moving around you are doing. I have my cholesterol and blood pressure numbers posted on the fridge and the mirror in my bedroom. I also have my weight loss goals as well as my norm blood pressure posted in the same place. I have reminders posted to move more posted everywhere as well. I don't know if you have dish but there is a channel that has early morning yoga classes. (helps me get started) We can achieve success we only have to choose to work hard and eat well. I wish you good health...
  • HappyHealthyHolly
    HappyHealthyHolly Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh Angela, I'm so sorry to hear you feel that way! :( I more than understand the feeling though, I still won't even wear shorts or a tank top in public!
    I've learned that thinking negatively doesn't get me very far & that I just have to find the desire to change for myself, so that's what I'm doing. No more negativity!!! :D
    You can do this girl! We're all here for you!!! <3
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    aww that is always so difficult. You have made the first few steps to changing yourself and mfp will help you on its way. Keep a log of EVERYTHING you eat and get some exercise and you will start to see results. I think we all have had that lightbulb moment where we are not happy with what we see in the mirror! Here's to a new fitter you! will send a request :)
  • middleofseven
    Options
    I would be glad to have another friend. I am looking at the long hall also.
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Aww man, I know that feeling all too well. I'd like to add you too. I'm on here everyday and I need to lose about 75 pounds! =) We can do this together!!
  • littlerjh
    littlerjh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There will be ups & downs throughout everyones journey with weight loss but if you fall just pick yourself right back up! Lets all get motivated & keep my saying in your mind.........KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!!