Not being hungry

Options
so i was curious does anyone else not feel hungry as much as they use to since dieiting im going into 2 weeks since starting my 1200 cal diet and ive noticed theres days i wont get hungry til the mid after noon

Replies

• ctaylor22
    ctaylor22 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would agree.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    so i was curious does anyone else not feel hungry as much as they use to since dieiting im going into 2 weeks since starting my 1200 cal diet and ive noticed theres days i wont get hungry til the mid after noon

I get hungry at times since I started to exercise and changed my diet. Contrary to Gary Taubes statement that we work up an appetite after we exercise, I am really tired and don't care to eat.

What I did notice, for me, is that when I do lose weight, I have to constantly ask myself if I have to eat those calories mfp sets for me. A few days ago, I decided not to listen to mfp and to trust my stomach. I do eat (often 2 potatoes a meal and I do get satisfied) but those foods have really low calories. So, do I eat for calories or eat until I am full? I will eat until I am full and enjoy the benefit of eating foods that are filling but low in calories.
  • cmreich
    cmreich Posts: 5
    Options
    I actually would say I feel hunger more often now but in a good way. I used to overeat and feel stuffed all day. Now that I eat several small meals a day I actually have the opportunity to feel hunger and fullness. I start to feel hungry about every 3 hours now.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I actually would say I feel hunger more often now but in a good way. I used to overeat and feel stuffed all day. Now that I eat several small meals a day I actually have the opportunity to feel hunger and fullness. I start to feel hungry about every 3 hours now.

Agreed.
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    I agree... especially on the days when I exercise, and have more calories to eat, I usually eat less. I guess I'm teaching, or taught, my stomach that I don't need as much food as it had been getting. I think its more mental, for me, than anything else.
  • Wangenstein
    Options
    Yep. I find I feel full quicker during meals, as well. There are meals I used to finish, like a hamburger, fries and soda, and now I leave a third of the hamburger and half the fries. (All within my calories for the day, of course. :D ) I'm just not that hungry. I love it, because one thing I was worried about was the prospect of feeling hungry all the time, and that isn't happening.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • Mommy_Sans_The_Fat
    Options
    I thought it was just me :)

I assume it's because we are making better food choices by limiting/eliminating all the empty calorie foods that used to work against our bodies and replacing them with good foods/fats that work with and for our bodies. Either that or we just aren't hungry for the foods we CAN have :tongue:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, for me it's like a zone. And it helps me distinguish between cravings and actual hunger. I'm still uncertain sometimes if I'm really just craving something vs being actually hungry. But I've gotten better.
  • sarahcs424
    sarahcs424 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Same here I actually forget to eat and everyone says its so bad but I eat as soon as I feel hungry. So far it's working for me :)
  • jmore85
    jmore85 Posts: 36
    Options
    absolutely, I used to feel starving all the time and ate heaps of terrible junk foods and picked at things between meals, now I feel great and i really dont feel hungry all the time
  • kpopper
    kpopper Posts: 12
    Options

Agreed.

hell yeah
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!