Coming out of hiding....

Options
I have been here for at least a month, lurking around. But I've been too mortified to even post anything. I have never in my life been as fat as I am today. It's bad and it's gotten to the point where I avoid leaving the house because I don't want anyone to see me. The rock bottom for me was when I put off visiting my family who I haven't seen in years because I don't want them to see me this fat and disgusting. I realized I needed to really buckle down and work hard to lose the weight, no excuses or falling off the wagon this time.

I know I am capable of amazing self control, I don't really know how I let myself get this far gone honestly. But I just wanted to post I guess for support or friends or whatever. This seems like a great place. (:

Replies

• d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted! :D Welcome to MFP! Add me if you like.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place! The folks here are all very supportive and we're all in various stages of losing weight so no need to be shy. Add me if you'd like.
  • abigailhutch
    abigailhutch Posts: 101
    Options
    So glad you took the first step! Once you realize what you need to do....it seems a little easier to get started! So just go for it! You can do it! Baby steps....This really is a great site for encouragement and help! Good luck on your journey!
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted. You've come to the right place to boost your self esteem and lose the weight. You can do it and will do it with the right mind set--seems to me you are on your way!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Come out and be amongst us!!.. WE love when people want to try new things.. eating healthy.. exercising...drinking loads of water! :happy: WELCOME and Know you're appreciated here and we'd like to cheer on your success.. it just takes a few first steps and you're taking them.. CONGRATS! :flowerforyou:

Monica :heart:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you came out of hiding as well. It's a fair bet that a lot of us have felt the way you do now so we understand. And I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time worrying about how you got to where you are, unless you think it might stop you from getting to where you want to go.

This is where you change your life, and every minute is a new opportunity.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have been here for at least a month, lurking around. But I've been too mortified to even post anything. I have never in my life been as fat as I am today. It's bad and it's gotten to the point where I avoid leaving the house because I don't want anyone to see me. The rock bottom for me was when I put off visiting my family who I haven't seen in years because I don't want them to see me this fat and disgusting. I realized I needed to really buckle down and work hard to lose the weight, no excuses or falling off the wagon this time.

I know I am capable of amazing self control, I don't really know how I let myself get this far gone honestly. But I just wanted to post I guess for support or friends or whatever. This seems like a great place. (:

HEY! post everything you want. BE HONEST ON HERE. if you dont. you're only lying to yourself. it took me forever to be able to say my weight and whatnot. but everyones here for the same reason, everyone is here to help each other. so do NOT be afraid!!! you are capable, and you are strong. you can do this. and just watch the first one-3 weeks the weight will melt off and you'll feel so good and motivated to keep going! welcome!! i added you!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know I was getting more and more upset with how I looked and how my clothes fit before I found this site in March. For me this site has made a world of difference. I'm down 25 lbs, several inches and clothing sizes, have more energy and confidence than I have in years. Good luck on your journey! You will find a lot of support and great info here. And remember the weight didn't get there overnight, it won't be gone overnight either.
  • MrsBizzo
    MrsBizzo Posts: 8
    Options
    I've been in the same boat. I posted for this first time today also. You took the first step, congrats!
    Add me as a friend if you'd like.