How and how much

Options
I'd like to lose at least 1/2 of my goal (11 pounds) by Christmas. Is this possible? How? What should I be doing to make this goal possible. I know I need to eat right, but is there anything else I should know. Secret exercises or anything haha? Fill me in pretty please :tongue:

Replies

• amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    I'd like to lose at least 1/2 of my goal (11 pounds) by Christmas. Is this possible? How? What should I be doing to make this goal possible. I know I need to eat right, but is there anything else I should know. Secret exercises or anything haha? Fill me in pretty please :tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    typically you should lose no more than 2 lbs per week. BUT since you don't have too much to lose, I will say that 1lb a week should be your approximate goal. So, since there are about 7 weeks left until XMAS I'd say that's about where you should be. Everyone's body is different and everyone loses weight differently so 11lbs is probably possible for some but not for others. Nothing wrong with aiming high though! :wink: :flowerforyou: good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 1 pound a week goal. There are no safe and magic answers.

Please read this link, it is really good. It's kinda long, but you will be glad you read it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any exercise equipment you can do like I do and use exercise tapes. I try to find interval training tapes the have you do like 3 min of cardio then a couple min of toning then back to the cardio. Also I have a couple of good tapes that offer a cardio work out and a toning work out. With those you could do the cardio daily and the toning every other day.