Time to stop eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Generally you should eat when you're awake and not eat when you're asleep.

:laugh: this!! :bigsmile: 1200 calories is the same at 10am or 10pm. Indigestion aside :wink:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Think...your metabolism slows down usually in the late afternoon. If you're eating at 8 at night -2 in the morning, I don't think it would burn off nearly as quickly since you're sleeping...not moving around or exercising...

Food actually keeps your metabolism stoked!! (along with movement/exercise). You actually burn about 70-90 calories per hour asleep as your body is busy repairing and dreaming, tossing and turning, breathing.......... etc. Having inadaquate food/energy in your body while all this is going on can be counter productive.

If you're hungry, eat! If you haven't consumed enough calories during the day, eat!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make any difference as long as you eat the right things. I heard it is a myth that you should stop eating hours before you sleep.

I recently read the same thing. There was OLD news that eating just before bed means that your food sits in your stomach undigested because your body slows down when you are relaxing and especially when you are sleeping... but really? Who among us, even now that we're all on the same path to healthier living, is highly active after dinner?

I work 2nd shift. I eat dinner while I'm at work... and I sit on my butt all night long! :smile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism doesn't really slow down any appreciable amount throughout the day, as long as you are eating the proper number of calories a day. It doesn't make a difference when you eat, just what you eat, like has been said!
  • Elleebell
    Elleebell Posts: 56
    Options
    Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! I don't feel so bad for eating late at night with my husband now. Besides, eating at ten is still almost three hours from when I usually finish up my schoolwork and fall into bed anyways... :)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    THERE IS NO RULE THAT YOU SHOULDNT EAT CLOSE TO BEDTIME.
    IF YOUR BODY IS HUNGRY, EAT! JUST MAKE WISE CHOICES. LETTING YOUR BODY GO WITHOUT WILL DO WAY MORE HARM THAN GOOD, THIS WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.