Newvie from Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL

My name is Carolina and this is the first time that I am trying an online forum for support. My friend suggested that I try this website so here I am!

My husband is deployed overseas and I have decided to commit to taking care of myself health wise.

Today I had the wellness center measure my body composition.

I weight about 111 lbs and my body fat percentage is about 20% which put me under "lean" category.

I am supposed to check back with the wellness center in a month so we will see.

I began breaking down my meals into six meals starting this past Sunday. I hit the gym today and was a little disappointed to find that I am out of shape. Again, this is me starting all over again.

My goal is to lose overall body fat, tone up and gain more muscles.

This is my story in a nutshell.

Hope to hear from you!

God bless you,

Carolina

Replies

• My name is Carolina and this is the first time that I am trying an online forum for support. My friend suggested that I try this website so here I am!

My husband is deployed overseas and I have decided to commit to taking care of myself health wise.

Today I had the wellness center measure my body composition.

I weight about 111 lbs and my body fat percentage is about 20% which put me under "lean" category.

I am supposed to check back with the wellness center in a month so we will see.

I began breaking down my meals into six meals starting this past Sunday. I hit the gym today and was a little disappointed to find that I am out of shape. Again, this is me starting all over again.

My goal is to lose overall body fat, tone up and gain more muscles.

This is my story in a nutshell.

Hope to hear from you!

God bless you,

Carolina
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Hi Carolina-- you'll find someone from just about every category-- some with a lot and little to lose-- all of us here to get healthy-- so welcome!!
  • hey c. you sound alot like me. i wait a little more than you but a little more muscular i suppose..lol.. needa get in shape for sports. so gl to u.
  • Hi ladies, thanks for the warm welcome.

Marla64, amazing that you have lost 30 lbs! Keep it up.

dachinababe, I commend you for putting your goals into action.
    Please keep me posted in whatever you do.

God bless and hugs!

Carolina
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    The title of your post makes me miss home!!! I grew up in Jax and have moved out to Kansas due to the Army :noway:
  • How are you liking Kansas, Renae? I used to live on Collins Rd. off of I-295 and now live nearby Argyle Forest Blvd in Orange Park. When you get a chance come back to visit! :-)