Banana recipes needed

Options
sesecat
sesecat Posts: 124 Member
Hey guys! I have about 9 very ripe bananas, too soft for snacking. What great healthy banana recipes do you all have?

Replies

• efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    Let me see if I can find an article I pulled - Had some great ideas for desserts using frozen bananas :)
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Don't have a recipe straight on hand, but you could use it to make a banana bread, or banana ice cream (that's easy, just freeze them in slices, then mash them up)
  • glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just chop them into bite size pieces and stick them in the freezer when they start to get too ripe. They're great as bite-sized snacks, or you could use them in smoothies with other frozen fruits and yogurt.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    banana ice cream. Cut them into chunks, place on tray and freeze. Stick in blender until creamy. Give a stir and it's the same consistency as ice cream. You can even add some choc protein powder, or strawberries... any goodies to give it extra flavor!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Don't have a recipe straight on hand, but you could use it to make a banana bread, or banana ice cream (that's easy, just freeze them in slices, then mash them up)

Banana ice cream is the best! I have mixed chocolate protein powder with it and just whizzed it all in my food processor until smooth. Really, really yummy.
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    Found it!

This is from Health magazine:
    http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20464846_1,00.html

There are recipes for the following:
    Banana "ice cream"
    Banana salsa
    Broiled Bananas
    Coffee and Banana smoothie
    Tropical Fruit Salad

I haven't tried any of them yet - so if you make any, let me know how they turn out. I have however, had "ice cream" made with bananas and almond milk and it was YUMMY!!! :)

Hope this helps!!

:)
    Erika
  • morgat17
    morgat17 Posts: 17
    Options
    Definitely great for smoothies! I use them in my smoothies any time I have them that ripe! Freezing them is great as well...you can even skip the ice cubes for the smoothie that way and the frozen banana does that "job"! :)

Can also be used mashed up in granola or yogurt. Or you can add to your French Toast batter with a little cinnamon...yummy!!!
    Peanut Butter and mashed banana sandwich (as opposed to jelly).

There you go! My 2 cents... :)
  • bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Banana ice cream is the best! I have mixed chocolate protein powder with it and just whizzed it all in my food processor until smooth. Really, really yummy.

yes, this is really good!
  • jluthersw
    jluthersw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/almost-no-fat-banana-bread/detail.aspx
    Almost no fat banana bread!! Delicious!! I follow the first commented recipe and it is delicious!! And not all the bad :)
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i just made this- froze two bananas. put them in my magic bullet. with a lil bit of nutella and pb.. mixed it all up. its like a frozen DREAM haha
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    cooking light had a banana pudding recipe in it this month, I'm sure its on their website!
  • getupandmoveit
    Options
    I would get some low fat yogurt or orange juice and blend it with other fruit for a smoothie. Keep it refrigerated and it should be good for 2 or 3 days.