New to this site, but not new to the weight loss battle

kjergens
kjergens Posts: 9
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Hiya...My name is Kammy. I am 45, and for the last three years, I have been in an all out battle to lose weight. My body at this stage in my life is resistant to most weight loss avenues. I have, however, found something that works. I started the GI Diet a couple of weeks ago and for the first time in over three months, my scale moved. Only to move back this week...but, hey, I will get there. I know what I need to do.

My goals for this week are to record diligently and honestly what I eat to keep my calorie level right and to exercise daily.

The best part about this diet is that I feel so much better. I cannot believe how much high glycemic carbs drag your body down.

I will win this battle. It may not be as easy as it was in my 20's ...but eventually I will get there :)

Replies

• gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Glad you are here, Kammy. I am a MFP alumni. I lost nearly 40 pounds before, and then put some back on. I guess we forget that this is a lifestyle change, and I backslid. I have 14 to get back to where I was, and then maybe another 5 or so until I am at maintenance. You will get there if you don't stop trying, and the slower you go, the longer it will stick. I believe we learn more about our bodies if we approach it slowly, and we are better at correcting slip-ups later. Good luck. Learn as much as you can from members.
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Oh, and I like the honesty bit. That is a GREAT goal!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    WELCOME :)

you have come to the righ place to start learning how to live a healthier lifestyle tons of real helpful true information here and members who really want to help one another succeed.
  • kjergens
    WELCOME :)

you have come to the righ place to start learning how to live a healthier lifestyle tons of real helpful true information here and members who really want to help one another succeed.

Thank you!
  • kjergens
    Glad you are here, Kammy. I am a MFP alumni. I lost nearly 40 pounds before, and then put some back on. I guess we forget that this is a lifestyle change, and I backslid. I have 14 to get back to where I was, and then maybe another 5 or so until I am at maintenance. You will get there if you don't stop trying, and the slower you go, the longer it will stick. I believe we learn more about our bodies if we approach it slowly, and we are better at correcting slip-ups later. Good luck. Learn as much as you can from members.

Thanks! Glad to be here..I have done some other sites, but this one is actually more user friendly than most of the other ones I have tried.
  • kjergens
    Oh, and I like the honesty bit. That is a GREAT goal!

It's easy to guesstimate :P And that's where the calories/pounds creep in. I am pretty diligent about recording everything I eat, but I tend to guess more on the portions rather than measuring...kind of lazy that way!
  • KWCARER
    KWCARER Posts: 2
    Hi I am new to this site got introduced by a friend. I have constantly battled my weight. This site is great you can see the effects of the food you eat on your goals. I don't mind if some weeks I stay the same as long as I never go up. Although I would be over the moon to lose. I keep putting in foods realising they are high in calories and changing them. This is a first for me.

Anyone else finding out how much the plates were being over filled had no idea my concept of a healthy plate of food was so wrong.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    welcome Kammy! Good luck on your journey. MFP is a really good tool. Lots of motivation and support
This discussion has been closed.