New and confused

Hello my name is Jenise and this is my first time using this site. My 9 year old son told me about it and it seems great so far but I can't add food to my diary. I clicked on food and searched and found the item, but when I clicked on the item nothing happened. Please help I am looking forward to this program!!!!!!!

Replies

• Hello my name is Jenise and this is my first time using this site. My 9 year old son told me about it and it seems great so far but I can't add food to my diary. I clicked on food and searched and found the item, but when I clicked on the item nothing happened. Please help I am looking forward to this program!!!!!!!
  • Hi Jenise--
    Have you scrolled down to green button at the bottom of the page to add item to meal?

Good luck on your journey. This site is terrific.

25341.png
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    you can always click "Help" at the top of any page and it will take you to Frequently Asked Questions.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: welcome
    Hello my name is Jenise and this is my first time using this site. My 9 year old son told me about it and it seems great so far but I can't add food to my diary. I clicked on food and searched and found the item, but when I clicked on the item nothing happened. Please help I am looking forward to this program!!!!!!!
  • hi to every one :flowerforyou: , i m hina , new member in this community , a little bit confused.........:indifferent:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    about what?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    hi to every one :flowerforyou: , i m hina , new member in this community , a little bit confused.........:indifferent:

What can we do to unconfuse you?
  • Hi, My name is Janet and this is the first time on this site. I thought I would take the time to read some of your success stories. Congrats to all who has had success and those struggling keep your head up. As for me, what is the purpose of this site? Is it to document what you eat and how you exercise. I have notices that people are losing weight, but what is it that you are doing that is assisting you with 2-10lb weight loss a week at a time. I'm frustrated and confused. I tried a new diet of eating healthy and exercise and I gained 10 lbs and began getting strong chest pains. I am lost and need to lose 35 lbs to be healthy and need to also teach what I hope to learn from this site and everyone else so that I can teach my children how to make this a healthy lifestyle change. For those of you who has had success, please help.:cry:
  • about my weight , i m overweight , my weight is 72kg ,n age is 26.
  • Hi, My name is Janet and this is the first time on this site. I thought I would take the time to read some of your success stories. Congrats to all who has had success and those struggling keep your head up. As for me, what is the purpose of this site? Is it to document what you eat and how you exercise. I have notices that people are losing weight, but what is it that you are doing that is assisting you with 2-10lb weight loss a week at a time. I'm frustrated and confused. I tried a new diet of eating healthy and exercise and I gained 10 lbs and began getting strong chest pains. I am lost and need to lose 35 lbs to be healthy and need to also teach what I hope to learn from this site and everyone else so that I can teach my children how to make this a healthy lifestyle change. For those of you who has had success, please help.:cry:

You have a lot in there, but let me try and address some of it.

The purpose of the site, at least for me, is to let me know what I am putting in my body every day and what I am burning off. Logging everything on here keeps me accountable to what I am actually doing and has me paying a lot more attention. I think you really need to know what is going on with your body to be able to change it. This answer might be different for other people... I also think it is great to have guidelines about how many calories you should be having and that you should be working off.

Also... 2-10 lbs would really only be week 1 for most people and probably for those of us with more than 35lbs to lose. 1-2lbs a week is a healthy range and should be your goal.

For everyone who said they were new in this thread - please, please, please read the Newbie thread at the top of the general message more. It has a lot of good information. Sit down and take the time to read it all.

And welcome! This site is great and it will really help if you let it!

:flowerforyou:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Welcome... I am Lindsay AKA PurdyMommy. Im 24 from Ga. Happily married and a monther to 1 girl. I been on this site since march or so of this year. I started in feb withanother WL support group and so from Feb-July I lost 45 pounds. i had to stop the gym and since then I been ona break. I have maintained the weightloss and just fluctuate in the 190's. I wanna see 189 so bad. I CAN DO IT TOO! I been trying these past few montsh to get out of the 190's and I get to 191 and go right back to 195. WE CAN DO THIS!