When to adjust weight on HRM

Options
I have a Polar FT4 and I'm wondering how often I should update my weight. For example, should I change it after losing 5 pounds or should I change it every week? I tried to do a search but couldn't really find any information. Thanks

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I'm wondering how often I should update my weight. For example, should I change it after losing 5 pounds or should I change it every week? I tried to do a search but couldn't really find any information. Thanks

Awesome question...count me in on this. I've lost 12lbs since I bought mine...and never thought to readjust it!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes!! You do need to make sure you adjust it to keep your calorie burn accurate and as your fitness improves- make sure you redo the fitness test if your model has it. I have the FT40.

I change the weight every 2 lbs and would do the fitness test every 2 weeks.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I usually adjust it every time I use it. Fluctuation and all.
  • LPC020409
    LPC020409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I don't think my HRM has a fit test but I will keep adjust my weight every couple of pounds. I've only had it about a week and haven't lost that much weight since I set it up but since I'm trying to eat my exercise calories I want it to be right.
  • LPC020409
    LPC020409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I didn't really think about updating my weight until my calories burned for my walk today seemed high. I went through to make sure I set it up correctly when I got it.