Bloodwork Results Happy Dance!

kkellam1
kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
One of my biggest motivations to do this weight loss thing is to impact my bloodwork results. To the younger folks on here, this may not be a concern yet. To us slightly older folks, bloodwork is something we get used to seeing and is sometimes the most important report card of our health. If you don't get this kind of bloodwork done, this post will be meaningless to you. For the rest of us, you are probably used to seeing these numbers and will understand my happiness with these results.

Because of the blood pressure and high cholesterol, I have been getting bloodwork done every 6 months for nearly 15 years now (since i was about 35). Over that time, dosages have increased on both BP and cholesterol meds. It took the threat of diabetes to shock me into doing something about it (it was like the thought of heart attacks and strokes weren't enough!)

So, in the 5 1/2 months since I joined MFP, I have watched the results get better and better. Here I am now about 84 pounds lighter and doing the bloodwork happy dance. The newest results came today. This is on top of LOWERING my cholesterol medication last month and LOWERING my BP medication this month. The doc says the BP med will be completely out of my life in another month or two!

These are the latest results:
bloodworkresults.jpg

Here is the progress over the last 5 1/2 months:

bloodwork-1.jpg

In a nutshell, I have lowed my total cholesterol by about 50 points (95 points below target limit), while lowering the dosage of medication.
Lowered by Bad Cholesterol by 34 points to well below the target.
Lowered Triglycerides by almost 100 points to about 1/3 of the target limit.
Significantly lowered my blood glucose to well below the max.
Lowered by A1C from the verge of diabetes to well below any area of concern.

bloodchart.jpg

Honestly, I am amazed at the difference that you can make by changing your eating habits and dropping some of the excess weight. I am still considered overweight, so I have a lot of progress to make. But I have gone from 301 to 217lb. in less than 6 months, significantly affected my blood chemistry and opened the door to a much longer and healthier life. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings as I head towards dropping the final 30-35 pounds!

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    good job!!!
    be proud!!
    jane
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    That is amazing! Especially the dramatic difference in triglycerides.
    Keep up the good work!
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    wow congrats! thats amazing :happy:
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    awesome! Great work.....this is about so much more than the @#$%^& number on the scale.

Keep it up!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    My husband's cholesterol was through the roof and he failed his AIC so they put him on diabetes meds and cholesterol meds he had to get off the cholesterol meds due to heightened liver enzymes but it kicked him in the you know whats to get healthy!!! I log his food for him every day and he trys to stay within limits. He's taken to drinking lots of water, and he's lost 6 pounds so far

Congrats on your achievement!!!
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    I didn't know triglycerides could be that low!!! Great job!!! I know you must be feeling great!!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!