What do you get with 15,891 steps taken

Options

Well you get almost 800 calories burned.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

Options

Well you get almost 800 calories burned.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    dems is a LOT of calories!:flowerforyou:
    Options
    I knew I walked alot at work but I just didn't relise how much until yesturday when I tried out my pedometer for the first time. I had found out that for about every 2000 steps you take you will burn 100 calories and that is on top of your daily routine or work out.
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    dats an interestin fact..!!! Keep Walkin :drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I love tracking my daily steps with a pedometer!:heart:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I knew I walked alot at work but I just didn't relise how much until yesturday when I tried out my pedometer for the first time. I had found out that for about every 2000 steps you take you will burn 100 calories and that is on top of your daily routine or work out.

Sort of. 2000 steps is about a mile - but you don't burn the same about of calories walking at a 2.0 mph as you do 3.0 mph. Many of these steps are part of your everyday activity. While the average American gets fewer than 5000 steps a day (shameful) - if your daily activity is set at anything more than sedentary, you should not count these extra steps. Also, if these steps are what I like to call, casual steps, I would count them as 50-75 calories every 2000 steps (depending on your weight). If you get them actively (e.g. walking), you should count them as exercise. IMHO.

That said, I love my pedometer - my goal is 70 miles a week (about 22,000 steps a day, as I'm short and it takes closer to 2200 steps to make a mile).
  • blzmaxgnrccjkmly
    Options
    i am addicted to my pedometer! LOL:happy:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love my pedometer...but make sure you splurge for the $3 clip/tether. I can't tell you how many I've lost in the toilet! Congrats on the high numbers. I've started putting how many steps I take in my food diary notes just to see if high numbers equal more weight loss.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use a pedometer on weekends and evening walks after work, I tend to put in the caloreis that tells me rather than MFP's as it is less gererous. Did about 14,000 yesterday after a day of shopping and it reckoned I'd burned around 380 -390 calories. In reality I 'm not sure how exact any of these things are ......
    Options
    Well believe it or not you will burn 100 cals for every 2000 steps you take
    I use a pedometer on weekends and evening walks after work, I tend to put in the caloreis that tells me rather than MFP's as it is less gererous. Did about 14,000 yesterday after a day of shopping and it reckoned I'd burned around 380 -390 calories. In reality I 'm not sure how exact any of these things are ......