Short Hair on Women

Options

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Need I say anything? Well, ok, I will anyhow :bigsmile: I LOVE having short hair and have never received so many compliments. I have had it short for 15 years and before I cut it off I went to wig shops to see how I would look with short hair, LOL:tongue: I always thought I had too narrow a face to pull it off and I would use my hair to "fill out" my face. Those days are long gone! I've had people stop me and tell me they thought I was Jaime Lee Curtis..that cracks me up. Want some Activia?
    Anyhow, find a style that makes you feel confident and fabulous and don't hold on to the messages that you've been telling yourself or that others have told you, like "I'm too fat for that style" or "my face is too narrow". Those stories hold us back from creating what we want.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I do think there is a difference (no matter what weight/face shape) between short "cute" hair and short "I give up" hair. I like to think my hair qualifies more towards the "cute" end of the spectrum.

My waist-length thick wavy hair made me look more like a pilgrim matron than a hottie. I feel much more current with it chin-length and above. I do have to have some length in the front or else it wants to stick straight up ('specially in this humidity!) but I'm better at applying texturizing goo than finagling twists and braids so that makes the decision easier. :smile:
  • ir0naddict
    ir0naddict Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't like short hair I like long brunette hair that I can wrap my hands in when I kiss her.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm also having a "should I cut my hair" debate. I like the look on Emma.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Watching Law & Order SVU... an episode where Olivia has longer hair. While I think she is so pretty that she can pull off any style, I like her better with longer locks. I remember watching the show one time with my husband, an episode where her hair was super short, and he said... "Way to make an pretty woman unattractive." I guess really short hair is not his thing. I would think most men agree with him... but I could be wrong?
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My long auburn hair just makes me feel sexy & feminine! And what is easier than a ponytail during workouts ...takes like 2 seconds. The way it swooshes back & forth when I'm doing my cardio...love it!
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I WISH I could have short hair. But mine is so thick and wavy that it looks BAD short! Plus my husband would kill me!

<
    Plus I love how it looks long!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    my husband would never let me go pixie short ( plus not so flattering on a fat girl in my opinion ) but i really like katies style

Really? I am so glad my husband doesn't control me in that way. Although, if he tried, he'd be in for a shock.

Personally, I would love shirt hair, because I hate all the faffing around with long hair, but it just doesn't suit me :(
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't mind short hair on a lady. I usually prefer longer hair, but if she can pull off short hair really well then that's a plus from me
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    They can look good with no hair at all too lol .... I Love the Rihanna style in the video of "Umbrella" ...
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Prefer long hair for many reasons; some I can't state on MFP! :blushing: But short hair looks great on some women, but I think you have to have the right face to go along with it. With that said: let your hair grow! :bigsmile:
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I really love pixie cuts! My profile pic is from a year ago, I've been growing it out since, but am currently considering chopping it all off again. I'm not sure if I'm considered one of those who can "pull it off", but I got lots of compliments on it, and lots of people have asked why I'm growing it out.

I think it all depends on what you're comfortable with, if you feel good about your hair, you'll likely look good too :)

Katie
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I think they look fantastic on the right woman.

I had a jerk of an ex who told me I was nowhere near pretty enough to consider cutting my hair. Real charmer, that one.
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Some women look fantastic - Emma Watson and Halle Berry are perfect examples! I, personally, just don't have the face for short hair. I look like a big spud face, when my hair isn't long. :frown:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I think short hair on women is attractive if they have the right face shape and bone structure.
  • jennehughes
    Options
    I love short hair on women, pixie cuts <3
    I always end up back with short hair because I'm incredibly lazy and can't be doing with having to faff with my hair every morning..
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    it depends. Some women suit it, some dont. I think i look better with short hair, because once my hair gets to a certain length, it looks lanky and crap. I usually have it either pixie short, or ive also liked it when ive had it in a short bob
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    this is an interesting conversation for me to read, because I had dreadlocks for 8 years and recently cut them off. So now my hair is boy short (and in a fauxhawk-type style) and I am trying to decide what to do with it. Dreads were very identifying for me, and so now I feel like I am having a mid-life crisis! Luckily I recently won a raffle prize that included a free haircut/style.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    my husband would never let me go pixie short ( plus not so flattering on a fat girl in my opinion ) but i really like katies style

Really? I am so glad my husband doesn't control me in that way. Although, if he tried, he'd be in for a shock.

Personally, I would love shirt hair, because I hate all the faffing around with long hair, but it just doesn't suit me :(

Nothing wrong with wanting to please the man you love!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    On some women, it's really cute, and bold, because they had the courage to chop it off.

Other women, it just looks lazy, like they wanted to give up on combing, so they just hacked it off.

It looks weird growing out, so I only recommend it to women who are going to keep it that way. I think it helps if your hair is really full and dark. If it's gray or thin, it looks lazy, like you've given up.

I went for a chin length bob, and almost everyone said "it's different" or "I liked it better before" which are euphemisms for telling me they hated it and wished I had long hair again. I am growing it out, and the longer it gets, the harder it is to manage. At some point, you have to decide if you are going to please yourself, or please others.

Also, just a side note, if I ever had cancer and went through chemotherapy, I would wear scarves to cover up my head, since I apparently don't look good with short hair.