drinking questions

Options
2»

Replies

• crazyladym
    crazyladym Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks everyone, you guys are so helpful!!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Don't drink anymore. If it was like it used to be, I'd never remember how much I drank. Will have 9 years on July 31. WOOHOO, here's to not having that kind of fun anymore!
    WTG Paul.
    thank you, back at ya Hans
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I still drink, but rarely. I like bud light 55s, I get made fun of for them LOL or else some.vodka and diet soda
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I definitely log it... Last night, I drank abbooouuttt an entire bottle of Merlot (don't know how that happened...), and it's all logged.
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I log it all... I love low calorie beers such as bud select 55 and mgd 64.... if I'm gonna have liquor I definitely limit how much because usually I drink those in margaritas or some other juice flavored or soda flavored cocktail, so those can add up....
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I log what I remember...I drink occasionally.
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    when i started mfp i stopped drinking so i could get the hang of it. but i get to start again august 1 and i will count. not an everyday drinker but was shocked to see my fave smirnoff ice drinks were 250 calories a piece and i could do a whole six pack in a weekend! yikes!:drinker:
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Gotta log it!
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I drink occasionally. Usually diet coke and whiskey, or something not too sweet.

I log it, because whether or not I log it, my body knows it went in. Not logging it is only fooling myself. I feel like if I can write it down and still lose weight then I am proving to myself that a drink here and there is a good diet for me.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I drink still, one glass of wine or a beer a few times a week. I fit it in with the rest of my calories :) Tonight I am trying the skinny girl margarita...I ran 7 miles, I want to unwind! LOL
  • SavaMarie23
    Options
    Man I drink light and HEAVY. I am going to slow down, but I will make sure I watch what I drink NO MORE FOUR LOKOS!! Those things are 660 calories a piece!! I had 1 1/2 yesterday and I'm only allowed 1200 :-( A completely failed day lol. I'm paying for it. I should've stayed with my whiskey straight. I log everything.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I drink rarely as I take four prescription drugs. When I drink, I log.

My husband has diabetes. His dietician says that alcohol metabalizes like fat not like carbs. I always wondered what that means. Are there any nutritionists or dieticians who can explain how the body metabalizes alcohol. I know it can impact the liver pretty intensely when consumed in high volume over short periods of time.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Whatever I eat/ate or drink/drank ... EVERYTHING gets logged as accurately as I can (remember: if I don't for whatever reason write it down asap).
    At the end of the day... it's only your own honesty with yourself that counts. I can't deny it or cover it up by not having to see it in my food log the next day. How else will I know which changes (emotional and physical) are affecting my attitude, success and figure if I don't log every single little thing??? Awww... dang! I just remembered I forgot to log in a cookie yesterday!!! :(
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Low calorie drinks:
    vodka + club soda
    rum + diet coke
    gin + diet tonic

Basically get an ounce of alcohol with a calorie free mixer... and it will cost you around 60 calories a drink. Avoid anything too fancy (pina colada, margaritas, etc)...those are always really high cal.
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    aussie_nic_getting_fit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i love to have a drink & when I drink, I drink alot. (us aussies LOVE a good drinking session)

I have cut my drinking down to monthly/bi-monthly (unless i have an occassion). As i was finding my weight was remaining the same.

i was a beer drinker (190cals) ,however i have changed to Vodka & soda water, with fresh lime/lemon (60cals).

i log what i remember.
    But when i know im heading out drinking for the night, IPLAN!!!
    I try to choose lower calorie, breakfasts, lunch &s snacks for that day.

5203098.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I log it. I don't drink nearly as much as I used to and I am sure to log it when I do. It keeps me accountable and tends to make me not drink very much. I am no longer a chugger, but a sipper and I go for the ultra light stuff instead of the dark stuff these days for the minimal calories.