COUPON HELP!!!

Options
healthyjen342
healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
HELLO THERE!!
Note: I didnt know where to put this topic so, I figure chit-chat would be a good one.

Well, I have decided to try my hand at "Couponing". Not to the extreme or anything..I'm not buying out an entire store or ordering 400 boxes of Cereal...nothing to that level...Just looking to save a few bucks (My goal is 10% for my first shopping trip).

I'm looking for any tips anyone might have, stores to go to, any websites to get coupons from...ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance MFP Family!! Stay healthy!!

Replies

• AthennasMommy
    AthennasMommy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can buy coupons from ebay reaaaaal cheap! like for 200 coupons you pay like 2 or 3$
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    coupons.com and newspapers
  • jenc79
    jenc79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    vouchercodes.co.uk is pretty good. The tricky bit is not being persuaded into buying stuff you didn't really need in the first place.

And remember the supermarkets have a higher margin on junkfood, so they're more likely to be reduced/bogof etc than healthy stuff.
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    Make sure you always get your sunday papers i usaully by 3 or 4 and you can go to coupons.info and they can give you more info....yes im a couponer!!!!
  • missana221
    missana221 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me and my mom use coupons a little to and we find that krazycouponlady.com is very helpful!!!
    Also try going to the items website. For example if you go to the search and type in dannon light and fit it will take you to their website and they will let you print out a coupon. :) Sorry if I am not much help but I tried!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I recently started collecting coupons also, u can go to shopathome.com, couponmom.com and smartsource.com, i also got a Kroger plus card and they have coupons on their website which u can load to ur card , hope this helps
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    bump... I could start using coupons especially when I buy a lot of snacks....
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to look at your food ads and then figure out what's on sale and then try and find coupons for the stuff that you want to buy. You can use 3 like coupons per shopping trip so lets say you find the cereal that you like on sale, you find some coupons for said cereal and you can buy 3 boxes with 3 coupons. :) Yes a little stockpiling is the best way to save. I also find that you should never pay for soft soap, toothbrushes, and toothpaste. :) With the right coupon and sale it's next to free if not free. :)

Also something to remember is that in the life of the coupon the product will go on sale at stores. It's a given. Don't buy stuff you wouldn't normally just b/c you have a coupon. What's the point of saving some money if you don't use the product. It's a wonderful way to save some $

Let us know how it goes for you.
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help ya. I have never liked using coupons. I have only used like 3 in my entire life and one was last week. haha
  • MzBarasha
    MzBarasha Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey hun,

I work at the local newspaper in Charleston and I see that you are in Cayce so, try www.southernsavers.com. This website will help you get the best value out of your coupons. Also, go to postandcourier.com, click subscriber rewards and they have a link for Red Plum, P & G, and SmartSource. Hope this helps.
  • kawenas
    kawenas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I'm looking for some help in this department too. Every little bit helps. I'm loving everyone's suggestions.
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I went on a couple of those sites where they have coupons online, but they make you give them your email address. Never again! I think they sold my address to everyone and their mother. I ended up having to change my email, it was so bad!! Does anyone know of any sites where they don't spam you, or they don't ask for your email address?