Is celery working for you?

Options
azlady7
azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
Hey all, I am really into working on my sodium so I dont have issues with blood pressure some day. I have done a bunch of research and celery seems quite popular to help with high blood pressure or as preventitive. My concern is I randomly get heart palpitations (I am not a very stressed out person) and my husband has high blood pressure. So I wanted to hear from those of you that have used celery to lower their blood pressure. Did it work?

Thanks!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have never tried celery. I use garlic.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Bump! so would I.
  • azlady7
    Options
    yes garlic was at the top of the list as well. have noticed a difference with it?
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Okay maybe I'm dense but what does "bump" mean on these posts?!
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    I LOVE CELERY!! (Both of my parents have HBP and I haven't gotten it so I guess it works!!) :-)
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I didn't hear about celery. My ways: Reduce salt, introducing spices to replace the salt like cumin, blackpepper, garlic, turmeric
    Continue with the weight management. Exercise. Fix the mind. What goes on in my mind stresses not only the heart but most everything. Good luck. Consult with your doctor too if you have concerns.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Okay maybe I'm dense but what does "bump" mean on these posts?!
    People put "bump" on there so that you have a record of commenting, so you can find the post later and see what was said. I was also perplexed by that!:huh:
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of using celery either, because it is rather high in sodium.
  • azlady7
    Options
    I have never heard of using celery either, because it is rather high in sodium.

it is, but according to studies done on it is like 1/3, sodium being minimal to the good effects. Its considered the perfect dieretic.
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to most fresh fruits and vegetables, celery being one of the bigger culprits of nausea and throat on fire...so not worth it, but flax-seed oil and fiber helps with blood pressure too.