question about blood pressure

Options
azlady7
azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
Trying a new subject title so maybe I can target the right kind of interest lol. I am really into working on my sodium so I dont have issues with blood pressure some day. I have done a bunch of research and celery seems quite popular to help with high blood pressure or as preventitive. My concern is I randomly get heart palpitations (I am not a very stressed out person) and my husband has high blood pressure. So I wanted to hear from those of you that have used celery to lower their blood pressure. Did it work?

Thanks!

Replies

• jinkies54
    jinkies54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I may have missed it, but what is your blood pressure currently?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    does your doc know about the palpitations?
  • azlady7
    Options
    Mine is normal. But I do get random heart palpitations periodically. I am not sure if its high blood pressure or not, but my hubby has high blood pressure and his dr said to lower the sodium. So I am on a new kick now lol. I basically am working on weaning the whole family off of high sodium foods and eating things that help naturally.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    First, you need to talk to your Dr about your palpitations. Second, I haven't done any research on the benefits of celery, but it can't hurt
  • azlady7
    Options

yeah, he asked me if i wanted to be on mood meds. I am a very stress free person so i said no lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    the palpitations are treated with those kind of meds?
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options

yeah, he asked me if i wanted to be on mood meds. I am a very stress free person so i said no lol

Has he done any tests to find out what it is?

Also not sure about the celery but as it is low in sodium AFAIK it should help
  • azlady7
    Options

Has he done any tests to find out what it is?

Also not sure about the celery but as it is low in sodium AFAIK it should help

nope, i think he just figured i am female therefore emotional and stressed out lol. besides they are only like once a month for a short period. i am thinking it might be caffeine or sodium. I planned on bringing it up to my new doctor which is female :)