New to this site, but not new to the weight loss roller coas

Options
Hello all!
I joined this site because I think it is important to have support from people who are going through the same things you are. And since I don't know anyone here, I figured I better introduce myself in order to meet some people.
I have been on the weight loss roller coaster pretty much my entire life. I am now 26 years old and decided it is time I take control of my health. My father recently had some heart problems (heart disease runs in my family) and I knew that if I did not take control of my health at a young age, I might not live very long.
I am not extremely large by any means. At my highest I was 185 pounds. Several months ago I lost 10 pounds and my current weight is 175. I just want to be comfortable on my own skin and be healthy.
For years I would try to lose weight, doing everything the right way ( eating right, exercising) and would see very little to no results. In April of this year I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). It was so nice to finally have an answer as to why I struggle so hard to lose weight! I know there are others out there who are experiencing the same things I am, so let's reach out and encourage each other!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." -Proverbs 3:5-6

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome..!!.. :flowerforyou:
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    FANTASTIC to have you here - some of us are irreverant and goofy (or a flirt cause they <read me> are from Texas) but we really want to help each other succeed in their weight loss and health goals

I think you'll enjoy the site!!!
  • Krae79
    Krae79 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome! This site has a lot of nice people with great ideas. I too have always struggled with my weight since about high school. Throw in a couple of kids as an adult and man do the pounds get added and hang in there!! :smile:
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :)!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You're gonna love it here!