Size of clothing/ your weight?

Options

Replies

• Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    3 weeks ago I weighed in at 227lbs at 5'4" fitting in a size 16 and I am now in a size 14 ON pants.T-shirts L-XL :)
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Most answers on this here crack me up, I know for a fact I could squeeze into a size 3 but because I refuse to have a muffin top I wear a 7 or 9. That's half the problem of fat people. Enemy at my heaviest, people thought I was thin because I DRESSED CORRECTLY!!! I COULD fit into a sz 2 jeans, & an xs top, but it'd look effin ridiculous!! I wear a s/m top depending on brand. And anywhere from a 5-9 in pants/jeans. I wear Jr's, & if I ask anyone what size they THINK I am, they say 3-5 again, bc I dress right for my size. I'm 5'4" & wore that at 151, & still do now at 135. :)

I wish more people would think like you

Ive been preaching this for years! Down with the muffin top. I wont wear anything that causes bumps and rolls. On the flip, I wont wear anything baggy either.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Size 14 pants and L or XL depending on brand of shirt. I weight 183lbs and I am 5'2
  • Gitana
    Gitana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 14/15 and I weight 200lbs...
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't get it! I'm 5'5" 142 pounds and I wear size 10-12 pants and large top. I do not have big legs or hips, I do have the mommy tummy though. It seems everyone else wears much smaller sizes than I do!

What don't you get? -- I'm right there with you (5'4, 132, size 8). Pretty normal, from what I see on actual women in the real world. :-)
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm 246 lbs, 5'5, and just now into a size 24 (I carry %90 percent of my weight right in my belly!)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Before I became overweight.. I was 150 pounds and wore a size 10/12 and im 5'6" and i nearly thought i looked TOO thin. I like looking like a woman, curvy and not "cut"...

Currently, i am at 230 pounds and wear a size 20. I have a gut, so i cannot find jeans that are wide in the belly, and tapered in the leg. (and i refuse to pay $50 for jeans when losing weight!)

As i have lots of health issues, My goal is to lose ABOUT 75 pounds, which will put me at 155 pounds, but from there I can determine how i FEEL versus how i LOOK. If i feel better, can breathe easier and my knees stop hurting, then ill just have to think im too thin. LOL! (never thought i would say that again!) But, if i feel healthy at 175.. im okay with that too!

So, if any of you have any jeans that you love, i would like to know the brand! Im looking mostly for a boot cut, but not straight leg. I feel like im still too large to even attempt a "skinny jean".
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! 90% of my weight is belly and boobs! lol!
  • Gitana
    Gitana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 14/15 and I weight 200lbs...
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am 125 lbs
    Size 4 pants
    Size Small shirts
    Size 32D Bra
    Size 6 shoes

WOW - I have never seen that in writing before - I used to be 158 and in a size12 and a size large! YAY! That was Fun!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 153 pounds -- I wear a size 10 dress/pants -- I wear small/medium shirts in Women's and usually large shirts in Juniors -- I don't really mess around in the Junior's section for pants cause my booty and hips are wide and my waist is narrow, so I get a muffin top with a 9 and gap at the waist band of 11.
  • shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5'4 I weigh between 113-114 and am size 2
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

So, if any of you have any jeans that you love, i would like to know the brand! Im looking mostly for a boot cut, but not straight leg. I feel like im still too large to even attempt a "skinny jean".

Try Maurices jeans....only about $20-25 and very generous in sizing! They have a bunch of different styles and run big so wearing a "smaller" size is a REAL confidence booster!
  • journeyjessi
    Options
    5' 3"
    139 lbs
    6-8 pants
  • zazoo1137
    zazoo1137 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I want to congratulate everybody on their success thus far and to all of you who have taken the step to improve their life and health. I've been struggling with weight and self esteem issues for years. The heaviest I've been was 254. I'm down to 200. I'm trying so hard to get under the two hundred mark. Seems every time Im one pound away from entering my One hundreds I screw up and do my impersonation of a turkey "gobble gobble gobble" down the nutella and pizza.

I just got my fat *kitten* into a size 14 dress size (for my daughters wedding this July) Feeling good about that. I would be over the moon if I ever got back into a size 9 like in my 20's.

Good Luck peeps
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! 90% of my weight is belly and boobs! lol!

I don't even carry it in my chest!! My thighs measurements are only 24 and I have narrow hips, narrow shoulders, and no butt. I carry like a pregnant woman! Makes it hard to find clothes that fit my waist but aren't too baggy otherwise
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    5'7
    158 lbs
    Tops: M
    Pants: 10

Sometimes a large on top because of my boobs lol ugh
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and at 141# I was in a size 10 jeans.

at 110# I'm in a comfy size 0 or 2. I can fit in a 00, but I don't like my clothes to be tight.
    Shirts are almost always an XS

Such a long road, but it feels amazing!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" 103 pounds and wear a size 2 or 0, XS/S depending on the brand. I have to get petite sizes because I have a smaller torso, shorter legs, shoulder width, etc. Sometimes I do buy stuff from the Junior's section in a size 3.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Size 2 or 4 depending on the brand... I'm wicked tiny up top (aka no breasts) so I wear an extra small/small tshirt in designers jeans I'm a 26 petite meaning basically the waist is 26 and the length is short since designers seem to think we're all giants...i'm about 116/118 depending on the day and i'm just about 5'3 it's actually pretty annoying to buy jeans because I have bigger legs and a smaller waist so often times I need a belt or its really really tight on my legs