Shakeology

Options
How many times a day do you drink it? Does anyone replace more than one meal or have one for a meal and one for a snack? I don't mind the taste but I haven't been drinking the shakes regularly.

Anyone had good success? I need to lose about 40 more pounds. I have already lost 40, but I see myself slipping with the nutrition after 3 really good months. How can I make this a lifestyle change rather than a diet that I get sick of after a few months?

Replies

• mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Shakeology seems more like a fad diet to me than a lifestyle change. Shakeology is expensive as well. Only you can change your habits. Replacement shakes wont do that for you.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    that is one nasty tastin shake and i do meal replacement all the time. i prefer jay robb egg white and i have two a day
  • Tyra1976
    Tyra1976 Posts: 21
    Options
    I tried the chocolate one. First, it wasn't very good. I could only drink it when I mixed a really ripe banana with it. I didn't like any of the other recipes that came with it. You really need something to help mask the "fake" and/or vitamin taste it has.

Secondly, it claims it gives you energy. This is true. BUT it made me feel like l had drank 10 cups of coffee. It wasn't a good type of energy.

Third, it is EXPENSIVE. I'm going back to making my own fruit smoothies with protein powder.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don't do it.., but I love P90X!
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it. I usually drink a shake for breakfast but I use Amazing Meal.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    First and foremost Shakeology is not a gimmick and is not a fad-diet because it is not a diet. I do not suggest anyone to replace a big meal with Shakeology...I do suggest it as a in between meal snack to help with cravings. THere are tons of people who skip breakfast because they hate breakfast and say they have no time to eat breakfast...in that case Shakeology would be a great thing to have in the morning. Shakeology contains all 5 servings of recommended fruits and veggies in one glass. It helps you in so many ways and those who hate on shakeology because of the price...shame! $4 per serving...most people go to starbuck and spend more on coffee that does no good for your body, people go to fast food restaurants and spend more than $4 on jumk that clog your arteries...me, spend $4 on something good for you and helps your body...DAMN RIGHT!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    How can I make this a lifestyle change rather than a diet that I get sick of after a few months?

The best way to adopt a new lifestyle is to incorporate changes into your life that you can see yourself doing forever. Learn to experiment with real food. If you enjoy drinking shakes/smoothies then I'd suggest experimenting with real fruits and vegetables in your blender...there are lots of healthy recipes online. Look at it like a challenge. Once you get used to planning out healthy satisfying meals it becomes natural and normal.
  • mynameiscarrie
    Options
    First and foremost Shakeology is not a gimmick and is not a fad-diet because it is not a diet.

I say diet because it's not something people stick to for their whole lives...and it's popular now and in a few years there will be another meal replacement shake out...then another...then another...

and $4 a serving is a lot if you cook from home all the time, especially since it's a drink. I can make a full healthy meal with less than $4 from home. To each their own...

To the OP, I wouldn't waste your money, but that's just a personal opinion.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I use it after my workout instead of protein shakes like I used to have. I mix it with skim milk and some strawberries (I use the chocolate flavor) and I think it tastes great.

I like it because unlike most other meal replacements out there, it is nutritionally complete and I don't even have to supplement with vitamins anymore like I used to. I get everything in my multi in the Shakeology, so that works our for me.

I also believe that it has helped me with a vast number of other things, not just weight loss. I don't have as many cravings for sweets now as I used to. Since I started taking Shakeology, my cholesterol has gone down as well (and that's so awesome since I got tired of eating oatmeal for breakfast on a daily basis, lol). I also don't have digestive issues that I used to deal with...won't get all gross, but let's just say that it does what Activia claims to do, only it works after the first shake and keeps you regular after that one, haha.

If you want to try it, find yourself a coach and ask if they will send you a free sample of either flavor. Most will do it. Then you can decide if you like that before you buy it. There's a 3rd flavor coming out in December (or close to it) that I have heard is good, but I haven't tried it yet. I personally drink only the chocolate because I don't like the Greenberry. The Greenberry reminds me of Amazing Grass which tastes bad too, in my opinion.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    First and foremost Shakeology is not a gimmick and is not a fad-diet because it is not a diet.

I say diet because it's not something people stick to for their whole lives.

You don't know that. I plan on always using it as my post workout shake because it is more nutritious than a protein shake, and I prefer something liquid after my workout. It's not just for weight loss, it's for health...you know, like salads. People don't just eat those because they want to lose pounds, they eat them for nutritional value. :flowerforyou:
  • mynameiscarrie
    Options

It's not just for weight loss, it's for health...you know, like salads. People don't just eat those because they want to lose pounds, they eat them for nutritional value. :flowerforyou:

the op wants to use them for weight loss. I can understand using it after a workout. my main point really was that no shake or what have you can keep you on track because you have to have the willpower behind it. and idk how to do faces but a smiley one back to you lol
  • mynameiscarrie
    Options

It's not just for weight loss, it's for health...you know, like salads. People don't just eat those because they want to lose pounds, they eat them for nutritional value. :flowerforyou:

the op wants to use them for weight loss. I can understand using it after a workout. my main point really was that no shake or what have you can keep you on track because you have to have the willpower behind it.
  • mynameiscarrie
    Options

the op wants to use them for weight loss. I can understand using it after a workout. my main point really was that no shake or what have you can keep you on track because you have to have the willpower behind it.
  • mynameiscarrie
    Options
    omg super posts...my phone is dumb. they all say the same thing and I can't delete them lol
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I can't stop drinking the Vi-Shape Nutritional Shakes from ViSalus Sciences!!! Delicious