After a fruit fast

Options
So, I'm on my 3rd and final day of a fruit fast. So far I've lost 3 pounds and I'm excited to weigh myself tomorrow morning for the final result! However for these past days my total caloric intake has been around 700-800cal. I know that's not very good, but it's hard to consume 1200 calories on just fruit (I have been eating some raw nuts and lean meat but not a lot...you can see my diary if you'd like).
My question is: what should I eat tomorrow? I don't want to gain the weight back, and I don't want to shock my body with food it wouldn't be used to after these 3 days.
I was thinking either fruit & greek yogurt for breakfast, or Honey Nut Cheerios with Almond Milk. But are either of these good ideas? And does anyone have suggestions for my other meals? Thanks!

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    raw veggie salad is always a good way to break a fast.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    You may not like it, but the fact is, you may gain at least some of the weight back. Doing those quick-fix/cleanse type things generally do that. Maybe try re-introducing regular foods one at a time??
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Curious why you did it...
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    Curious why you did it...

Well I heard it was a good way to lose some weight and I've been stuck at a plateau of 143 for over a month (which i got past!) so I thought I'd try something different. Plus I wanted to see if I had the will power to get through it. And it supposedly is a detox thing, but i didn't have any symptoms.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium and maintain a high fiber and water intake. The fruit fast helped you drop some water weight, and would have had a colon cleansing action too, so to keep from gaining the water back, your best bet is to focus on not bloating, and on keeping your gastrointestinal tract moving.

The yogurt is a great idea, as it is easy on the system and will contribute to your GI health, and the raw veggie salad is a great move too. I would add non-starchy vegetables to that list. Good luck!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, oatmeal, and more oatmeal.
    Not to mention you need some apples, broccoli, spinach, and a lot of veggies. Go from low fiber to high fiber raw foods, after that you can move on to dairy products. Gently wean your system back into processing animal products.
  • Shhhanaynay
    Shhhanaynay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bundt cake