Low Carb/No Carb

Options
2»

Replies

• martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I started low-carbing because no other diet seemed to work. As I read more about it, (also watched Fathead recently) it sounds like it's actually a healthy lifestyle change for me. I seriously think that years of eating junk food (pop tarts for breakfast, anyone?) and foods out of a box seriously messed up the way my body reacts to sugars and insulin. So, I'm hoping that once I get to my goal weight, my body will have healed or reset itself, so I don't have to be so restrictive with carbs the rest of my life. I will never be able to go back to eating the way I did, and I'm sure I don't want to. I have no cravings and I feel great. OP, if you decide to do this, you are probably going to get "carb flu" for a few days, but if you stick to it you'll end up feeling wonderful and energetic! I suggest reading up on it first, to know what to expect from your body, and know what kind of foods are acceptable for the diet you choose.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i've made the decision to go on a LCD. but since sista-on-a-budget i'mma go thru the high-carbed foods i already have 1st then that way i'll have only low carbs left. i've found that this way i'll wean myself 2 no carbs & that way it won't b such a shock 2 the system :smile:

i'm very excited abt this!! :happy:

i'm sooo lookin 4ward 2 sheddin a lot of poundage. :tongue:

i've also made a vow 2 only drink water for the next 3months. so far i'm drinkin abt 9-12cups daily. not bad 4 some1 who really dislikes water. (if i drink thru a straw i'm able 2 actually do it)

i fortunately have a friend that does LCD so that i can ask her any questions that i have. :drinker: <---water
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much already cut out processed foods. I loved pop-tarts also as a quick on the go breakfast, but no longer eat those. I think the only processed foods I eat anymore is a small amount of pasta (never was a pasta person) and cookies. Although I have to say that the cookies don't taste as good to me anymore. I like home made but I'm lazy and don't make them a lot.
    So, I'm now just trying to kick the soda habbit. The one thing that I have never been able to kick for more than 3 months.
    But, I'll do it some how.