easy exercise

Options
I have been astounded with how many calories I burn when I am just out and about, hanging with my family. Today I went to the beach and I swam a little, maybe about an hour (500cal) stood and talked to my family and friends (there was a shortage of chairs so I stood the whole time [500 calories for 2hrs]) and I walked up and down the beach chasing the whims of my little brothers for about 2hrs (600cal). I can't believe it! I'd much rather spend all day having fun at the beah than to be pumping iron at the gym. When I logged my calories I cringed when I saw that I went 300cal over what I was supposed to eat today, but when I logged all my walking, standing, and swimming I was brought down to a net total of 200cal!!! Amazing!

Replies

• Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That's actually how I started losing weight! I saw an article on yahoo news that said something about burning calories and not even trying...it suggested things like, washing and detailing your car, etc... and I started doing things like that at first to get active and before I knew it, I wanted to keep being active. It is amazing how much you can burn just by doing little things you probably need to do anyway!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!