Zumba

Skmellyg
Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
i am thinking about getting zumba for the Wii, can you guys tel me if it's worth it, what to expect, is it a good worth while workout?

Replies

• SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    I have it and it's fun... I do prefer the actual classes but I like having Zumba for the Wii and I do get a good sweat from it
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    bump
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    I didn't like the wii game, really, but I absolutely LOVE the dvds!
    This is from someone that has never been to a class.
  • kaitochan
    kaitochan Posts: 3
    I really like it. At first I tried to learn the dance moves in the tutorial section, but got frustrated. So I just went right to the workouts. You learn the dance moves more and more as you do it. It's very active and gets you moving. I always break a sweat! Hope this helps.
  • I've never tried it for wii, but I am a certified zumba instructor and can tell you it's my favorite workout, and really works especially your waist and hips. I personally have lost 8.5inches from my waist in a little over 1 yr. 2.5' from my arms. i love the music. I personally prefer the class setting but now and then I'll do my zumba videos at home. I think you'd enjoy it whatever you decide to get. Good luck!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 444 Member
    I don't know about the Wii Zumba, but I did a Zumba class this morning for 30 minutes & even tho I had to take it easier than I would have liked to because of my knees, it was awesome! I worked up a pretty good sweat ~ I loved it & plan on going back again for more! Hope this helps!
    :wink:
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    planning to buy it as soon as poss. My mum and i used to go to the classes and it was fun but i can no longer afford it. My mum played the game the other day and some of the tunes are even the same as the class we went to!!! its a brill workout, burns loads of calories. its on offer on amazon at the min which is a bonus too!!!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    I've never been to a real class, but I do have it for the wii...it gives a really good workout!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    I have it for the Wii and I love it. :heart:
  • aliciarenee79
    aliciarenee79 Posts: 35 Member
    It doesn't always track my movements very well. If you aren't that concerned about the score, then it won't matter. To me that is a good motivator to get a higher score, so I end up ticked off sometimes. It has been pretty fun, but I haven't used it a whole lot in the few months I've had it. I sort of wished I had gotten just dance or something else.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 519 Member
    I have it for the Wii & really enjoy it. I think it's a little easier to pick up if you have done an actual class, but it's not absolutely necessary. It's alot of fun. It comes with a belt you are supposed to wear to hold the remote and track your movements, but honestly, I tried it both ways and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Watch for a sale - I thought it was fairly expensive, but I watched the ads and found it on sale at Toys R Us one week for an even cheaper price than on Amazon.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    I really love my Zumba Wii game. I use it and the DVDs for me workouts. They're awesome, and a great investment, in my opinion. :)
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    I have it and love it! I'm still a beginner but it really gets the heart going and I'm pouring sweat afterwards! And it's fun, the best part!:bigsmile: