Kinect Workout Games

Options
Julijulz
Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
Which ones do you guys have and like??? Give me some ratings here. I have Your Shape and I really don't like it much due to how slow it transitions to the next exercise. My heart rate drops too quickly. I like to keep it up. It just really annoys me. I wanted to try the Biggest Loser and the Zumba one. What do you guys think of them...and any others. Give me some suggestions. :D

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I played the Biggest Loser and Zumba at my son's house. I thought the were both fun but I liked the Zumba best.
  • descooley
    descooley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the UFC trainer game and while I haven't tried the full workouts on there yet I have gone through some of the quick activities and LOVED it. I have hurt the next day - the good got a workout hurt. I wasn't super impressed with the fitness test because it had a hard time recognizing my movements but overall I think I get a great workout. I can't wait to get my heart rate monitor so I can see how exactly how much I burn!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I play You Shape and I like it. I wear my heart rate monitor when I play it. During the "breaks" I get down and do push ups and/or jumping jacks. That helps keep my heart rate up. According to my HRM, I burn about 100 calories every 8 minutes. That's roughly 750 calories and hour.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hclfit
    hclfit Posts: 3
    Options
    Believe it or not, Kinect Sports is probably the best game. Not as strenuous a workout as Your Shape or UFC Trainer (two other excellent choices), but because it's so much fun you keep going back. There's a decent add-on too which you can download at a small cost which turns it into a bona-fide fitness game.

There's a pretty good site with ratings here:
    http://www.xboxfitness.org/best-kinect-fitness-games/

I like how the top two games are not pure "fitness" games but actually fun games that get you moving. To me, that's the best way to keep motivated (I like Dance Central because it gives me good practice for moves I can use at weddings and bar mitzvahs some day ;))

Good luck!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    i have zumba and love it. i also have the kinect adventures and its alot of fun so you dont really think youre working out and i have dance central it is also a lot of fun and has a workout mode to track calories burned.
  • Zerbertkisses
    Zerbertkisses Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump

I'd also like to know the best workout or fitness game. I have the Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports. I like both of those.

I'd like one of the following:

Biggest Loser
    Your Shape
    EA Active 2
    Zumba

Which is best....?
  • Zerbertkisses
    Zerbertkisses Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Also, does Dance Central track calories at all? I think I'd like that - I can catch on to that a little easier than Zumba it seems. Does Zumba do a step by step break down? When I demoed it it seemed like they just throw you in and you're supposed to figure it out...?
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also, does Dance Central track calories at all? I think I'd like that - I can catch on to that a little easier than Zumba it seems. Does Zumba do a step by step break down? When I demoed it it seemed like they just throw you in and you're supposed to figure it out...?

Dance Central -- Yes, it does have a calorie counter, however it only counts when your dancing. I think you have to get to a certain level (not very high) before that option opens up, but I'm not sure - it's been awhile since I first noticed it.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Dance central is AWESOME, I play it and I love it. Its also one of the better games technically (they did a really good job on it) and is rated much higher than zumba on amazon (Although zumba looks super fun so I wanna try some videos).

I'm interested in Your Shape, its been consistently very well rated by most.
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought Your Shape. I've only played a few times. It kicks my butt majorly. It is fun and it is nice that it watches my posture, but I'm not sure how accurate it is, it seems think my hamstrings are on my butt and keeps wanting me to squat lower and spread my legs further. Also, my very unfit kitties keep wandering into the play space and messing up my score :) LOL!

I too love Dance Central. My BFF will come over on the weekends and we play for hours before we realize we're tired.