Escaping temptation....

Options
This morning after working a 12 hour night shift, I went straight to the gym and had a great workout. Afterward, I dragged my so so tired butt out of the gym at 9:50. And should have gone straight home, right?

Except the call of TJ MAXX was too loud and alluring. (I'd like to talk to the genius that decided that the order of retail space should be LAFitness, TJ Maxx, and Publix Grocery.) Spent about 20 minutes browsing, and got a really cute New Balance shirt and some Avia Capri Pants.

By this time I am not only tired, but also starving. In the line, these ladies in front of me are picking out holiday food items and they mention PEPPERMINT BARK!!!!! I LOVE PEPPERMINT BARK, and it was only $3.99, so I pick up a box, rationalizing with myself that if only have a little piece now and then it won't be too bad. Then I am next in line, and I put the candy back. I really thought about it....Here I am, I just did a really good workout, I have new exercise clothes in my hands, and I am contemplating buying and eating a food object that I love and would have so very little self-control with. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?????

I just said no.

Yay, me!

Replies

• nursewendy
    Options
    This morning after working a 12 hour night shift, I went straight to the gym and had a great workout. Afterward, I dragged my so so tired butt out of the gym at 9:50. And should have gone straight home, right?

Except the call of TJ MAXX was too loud and alluring. (I'd like to talk to the genius that decided that the order of retail space should be LAFitness, TJ Maxx, and Publix Grocery.) Spent about 20 minutes browsing, and got a really cute New Balance shirt and some Avia Capri Pants.

By this time I am not only tired, but also starving. In the line, these ladies in front of me are picking out holiday food items and they mention PEPPERMINT BARK!!!!! I LOVE PEPPERMINT BARK, and it was only $3.99, so I pick up a box, rationalizing with myself that if only have a little piece now and then it won't be too bad. Then I am next in line, and I put the candy back. I really thought about it....Here I am, I just did a really good workout, I have new exercise clothes in my hands, and I am contemplating buying and eating a food object that I love and would have so very little self-control with. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?????

I just said no.

Yay, me!
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Sometimes it just takes a little self-rationalizing to make the right decision. Keep up the good work.