Weight goes up after eating

Options
Just for reference I weighed myself before and after eating (+ 250ml drink) and I seemed to gain 2 pounds.

I didn't eat 2 pounds worth of food.

Why is this?????

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Food + Water + Saliva swallowed while eating.
  • Petunia32
    Petunia32 Posts: 24
    Options
    Your body also produces extra fluids to aid digestion.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Never weigh after eating. Always weigh first thing in the morning, before eating anything. Your weight will fluctuate greatly during the day. Pay no attention to that.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well the water alone is over half a pound If you underestimated your water, there's a bit there.

But none of it is body fat.

Slight OT and immature, but you should try weighing yourself before and after a BM. LOL
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well the water alone is over half a pound If you underestimated your water, there's a bit there.

Slight OT and immature, but you should try weighing yourself before and after a BM. LOL

LOL
  • dayglo4
    dayglo4 Posts: 18
    Options

You know somebody out there is going to do it now, lol. Next project...documenting my weight loss via BM...>_>
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Never weigh after eating. Always weigh first thing in the morning, before eating anything. Your weight will fluctuate greatly during the day. Pay no attention to that.

I tend to weigh 2-3 lbs less if I weigh in around 3 pm or so. I used to weigh less first thing in the morning, but that's not the case now. Not sure why, guess we're all different. My advice? Pick a time, and stick with that, be it morning, noon, or midnight.

Kris
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    One question...why?
  • NatStylz
    NatStylz Posts: 38
    Options
    I experimented to see how much I put on after eating
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    to those posters that said saliva... hello! the saliva is already in your body before you eat, she didn't eat saliva!

to the OP, 8 oz of water is 1 pound, so that can add up quickly.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

:laugh:

My husband does software support at Cardinal Scale (the company that makes the Detecto scales in your doctor's office) and there are test scales all around their office and the guys will often weigh right after they eat lunch then again right after they take a poo just to see who can get the biggest poo. Absolutely disgusting but hilarious at the same time. Grown men weighing their poo. *sigh*
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    I find that I weigh lightest on Mondays and heaviest on Wednesdays or Thursdays. I don't know why; I don't eat more during the week although I do work a sedentary job. Perhaps it's just because I can work out so much longer on the weekends. Anyway, now I try to only weight first thing on Monday mornings.
  • NatStylz
    Options
    Thanks, I think I'm this obsessive because of my past and I panic on the first sign of me gaining weight
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options

You know somebody out there is going to do it now, lol. Next project...documenting my weight loss via BM...>_>

You don't lose as much as you would think. Just saying . . . :blushing:
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    to those posters that said saliva... hello! the saliva is already in your body before you eat, she didn't eat saliva!

16 ounces = 1 pound
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Where the hell do you think that food you eat goes? To some black hole void in space? It's in your stomach. It has a weight and mass. You put it in your body, your weight goes up until it can be processed.
  • stronglikebull
    Options

16 ounces = 1 pound

8oz of water is a volume measurement. The volume of water that takes up 8oz of space in a glass weighs 1lb on a scale.
  • NatStylz
    Options
    I KNOW IVE COME INTO THIS EXTREMELY UNEDUCATED!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    But you have to know that food has a weight and when you put that entire weight into your body, it will add to what you already weigh until its broken down and/or excreted? That's basic biology hun.. pop into a library and grab a nutrition textbook. You'll get a lot of good basic information to help things make more sense :)
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options

I was thinking the same thing lol