• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    G'morning Runners!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5 miles done!! 40* this morning!

Just curious poll ~ What temps do you wait for until you pull out the tights/ pants???

I usually wait until it's below 40* to wear running capris and then usually 30* and below I have a pair of running tights that I love!! I wore shorts this morning, a long sleeved dry-wick shirt and gloves and felt great!

I'm swimming laps again this morning, swam around 1,400 yards last night.
  • vcdonnelly
    Options
    Hi runners!

I have a question also - I'm training for a half marathon in Feb., this is going to sound dumb but I'm running 5 days a week and I can't seem to fill myself up! I'm always hungry! Any suggestions for good "fuel" food to keep up my energy levels?

Thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi runners!

I have a question also - I'm training for a half marathon in Feb., this is going to sound dumb but I'm running 5 days a week and I can't seem to fill myself up! I'm always hungry! Any suggestions for good "fuel" food to keep up my energy levels?

Thanks!

Good for you! Make sure you're getting in good fuel w/in an hour of your run. I like oatmeal w/ protein powder, a good balance of carb & protein, or a banana & yogurt. Try to eat smaller meals throughout the day, more of mini-meals instead of 3 big meals. HTH & happy running!

Jess
  • samccarthy
    Options
    I am very happy with myself--saw 159.6 lbs today! And I was able to increase my level on my hill program from 5 to 6. Did the hills for 30 min. Going to try to keep on course thru the holidays--one down, two to go (well, 3 really as my b-day is Jan 9th!).

Sheryl
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running today. Instead we did 52 card pushups at bootcamp. My arms hurt and I am sure my chest will start hurting later.

Jess, we are currently in the 50s here and I have been wearing the shiny spandexy pants. I find them to be comfortable. They are good in the cooler weather too. I think I started wearing pants sometime in Sept.

Tomorrow is the big race for out bootcamp crew. 10k mud run and McGuire AFB. Should be a lot of fun. It is the 1st annual run and they are touting it as a fun run. Hopefully I will be able to post pics later this week. Check it out at www.mcguiremudrun.org

Have a great run everybody.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Jess - I just started running in capris - it was in the 50's with a long sleeve technical tee. My ears get cold though! I just bought a headband that is light refective for the evening. Very stylish :laugh:
    Bunny
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess - I just started running in capris - it was in the 50's with a long sleeve technical tee. My ears get cold though! I just bought a headband that is light refective for the evening. Very stylish :laugh:
    Bunny

I wear the headbands too, haven't seen the light reflective ones though!! I don't care about being stylish as long as I'm warm! :wink: I guess that's one plus to running at 5AM, not many people out that early!

Jess

P.S. I got your msg & replied!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    No running today. Instead we did 52 card pushups at bootcamp. My arms hurt and I am sure my chest will start hurting later.

Jess, we are currently in the 50s here and I have been wearing the shiny spandexy pants. I find them to be comfortable. They are good in the cooler weather too. I think I started wearing pants sometime in Sept.

Tomorrow is the big race for out bootcamp crew. 10k mud run and McGuire AFB. Should be a lot of fun. It is the 1st annual run and they are touting it as a fun run. Hopefully I will be able to post pics later this week. Check it out at www.mcguiremudrun.org

Have a great run everybody.

I love pushups!! They're awesome for your upper body and core too! I like those pants too. Good luck at the 10K run!!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I ended up swimming 1,400 yds again. I was going to go longer, but I forgot the lap swim closes for an hour at 9 for the arthritis class. :grumble: The old ladies in the water aerobics class were all complimenting me for swimming so long. :laugh: I've gotten to know the older folks there, it seems it's all old people in the pool when I'm there! :tongue:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I am very happy with myself--saw 159.6 lbs today! And I was able to increase my level on my hill program from 5 to 6. Did the hills for 30 min. Going to try to keep on course thru the holidays--one down, two to go (well, 3 really as my b-day is Jan 9th!).

Sheryl

Woohoo! That is great! I love running hills, but my achilles tendon doesn't like them. :angry: My dh's bday is Jan 8th!

Jess
  • vcdonnelly
    Options
    MY B_DAY IS JANUARY 9 TOO!

So cool - you're the second person I met today with our birthday!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I did 5 miles today plus about 20 minutes of strength training. My legs are SORE! It's a good thing, though.

Happy weekend! I'm not running tomorrow... mabye Sunday, though.
  • juanitagf
    Options
    Tempo run tonight. Even with the increased distance of the main run, I felt really good and could have gone longer. Total of 6.57. 1 mile @ 11:45, 4 miles @ 10:20, 1 mile @ 11:19 plus warm/cool. Love tempo runs because I always seem to be able to do more than I think I can.

I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 305 yesterday. Decided to go that way instead of the Nike+. We'll see how it goes. It looks bulky, but I tried one on and it is actually very comfortable.

I wear capris in the 50s or when it is raining. I pulled out tights last week. It was 54 and very wet. I was glad I did! The wind was a moving!